2017 World Baseball Classic

Pool A’s first game is going to be at tomorrow 5:30 PM between Israel and Korea. Taiwan’s first game is the day after that (Wednesday), at 11:00 AM.

1 Like

I don’t understand. Israel just beat Korea. Was there a time change?

no time change, I miss read the table. Taiwan v. Israel match is on Tuesday.

Are any of the Israeli players actually from Israel?

One, I think. Pitcher Shlomo Lipetz.

By the way, to watch it online:

http://boba.ettoday.net/category/100

I actually watched a large part of the Israel Korea game on this site using my phone.

You can also install the ettoday app to view it on smart deceives, if playing it in the browser is a bit laggy.

No HD for me on channel 13. It says HD but it’s not…idk whats up with that.

Awful game by Taiwan.

Pitching was horrendous. Kaku sucks. Why DAHEQ is he starting? While I agree with the coach’s decision to pull him so we can use hi again, he shouldn’t have been starting.

He cries like a little girl too.

I’m watching it on ESPNDeportes in the states. I had to get the Latino package (I’m not Latino).

Taiwan has great players, despite the usual defensive hiccups. The same cannot be said about the team’s manager, whose mind is stuck in the 80s.

1 Like

Poor decision for the starting pitcher for the first game. I would have pulled him even earlier when you know that one game is the difference from getting eliminated. He just was not fooling anyone from the start. Every ball was hit solid and no one was chasing anything out of the zone.

Why let Ni pitch after going .1 inning giving up 3 runs the other game with the game on the line…

Youre right @hansioux there were so many things the manager did that made me scratch my head. It wasn’t like they were poor decisions after the fact, I can see things go badly before they happen.

1 Like

What’s sad is that there are a few coaches that are capable of leading this team effectively, for example, 2016’s Manager of the Year Yeh who led the Eda Rhinos to the championship, but because of idiotic political power struggles Kaku, who got sacked by his team last year, got to manage Team Taiwan yet again.

The same idiotic power struggles put a non-professional organization in charge of organizing the WBC, a professional tournament, causing the professional teams to fracture and not able to put together the best team.

The fate of Team Taiwan for this WBC was decided when CTBA was put in charge and they chose Kaku as the manager.

Back in that post I said

I am just sad to see my premonitions were correct. It’s even more sad that 3 of the 4 professional teams broke away from their boycott this time, allowing CTBA to stay in charge.

This is going to take a toll on Taiwan’s professional baseball, again very sad, but it’s gonna happen.

I hope he gets grilled by the media and fans with this embarrassment of a performance.

Wait, this is the same guy that got canned in 2007 when he managed the national team and just was awful right? Who decided to let him back? WTF…I’m so pissed right now.

The dude managed the 2015 Premier 12 national team. The games were played in Taiwan. Taiwanese pitchers and batters had the 4th best stats, but the team didn’t even manage to advance past the preliminary round.

The dude managed the 2007 Baseball World Cup, also hosted right here in Taiwan. Taiwan ended up ranking 8th.

CTBA claims that they have spent 5 million NTD on gathering intel, but when it was time for Didi Gregorius to bat in the 8th inning last night, while Taiwan was still leading 5:4, Kaku Taigen put former MLB southpaw Ni Fu-te on the mound. Last year Didi batted 0.324 against left handers, way above his 0.283 average against righties. That was one of the 5 million dollars flushed down the toilet moments.

I was waiting for my number to come up at the hospital, in the lobby, watching the first game live.
All these old coots and security guards were watching, and complaining loudly at the debacle of the first inning.
If the manager had been there he would have gotten lynched.

:cry::confounded::sob:

S H Oh… So dominant, reminds me of Mariano. Location and deception. Best closer in the KBO, dominated in Nippon, and likely the closer for the cardinals.

Oh was good, but not the reason why Team Taiwan failed to win that game. Anyway, the players played their hearts out despite their manager holding them back. The players’ effort alone was worth sitting through these heart wrenching/soul crushing games.

Gonna be rooting for Team USA and Team Netherlands from here on.