7 Wonders in English (also other board games)

I’m looking to buy “7 Wonders” game extensions (“Cities”, “Leaders”, “Duel” in Taipei or Kaohsiung. Also maybe other board games (more precisely: “Euro games”), for example “Pandemic Legacy”.

Seems like the shops I found through searching (Forumosa and other places like boardgame geeks) are either dead or only have the Chinese versions. The two shops I went to personally and asked said they can not even order the English versions, since they are not officially distributed in Taiwan.

I checked/asked already:

The closest I came by today is that some people on Ruten seem to offer English versions. Some say “English or Chinese” though, so not much use unless I can contact them to verify it’s English.

Any other ideas from you board game geeks out there?

If that doesn’t work out, I’ll probably resort to ordering online from abroad, HK for example has one shop stocking English versions and shipping to TW: http://base23.com/

Witch House probably has the best selection of games I’ve seen here, but they don’t have many English editions. I believe the only games I’ve bought in Taiwan are those that don’t have require text (except for the rules, which are almost always obtainable online).

I think I just saw that game at a game store I was at a week ago in Taipei.

Check out Board Game Hut in Taipei. It’s in the main train station area. Here’s the address: 100, Taipei City, Zhongzheng District, 開封街一段19號2F.

If you google, “board game hut, Taipei” a map to the store should show up. They had a number of English games there. I just bought Temple of Elemental Evil for my daughter as a Christmas present.

They have a few branches around Taiwan and you can also order things to get shipped to you through their website. If you’re going to buy a lot of games, you might want to buy their membership. It’s a lifetime membership and cost $600 but we saved $400 on the game we bought and got a free gift worth a $100.

I think they will order games for you as well. At least, I think I saw something about that on their website.

Their website is bghut.com.

I looked at the site and saw some of the games you were looking for and they look like they are in English.

1 Like

I’ve got this place in my bookmarks:
http://www.boardgamer.org/index.php

I don’t remember if I’ve ever bought anything from them.

Found this awesome game at Songshan Station.
P_20171217_094047_vHDR_Auto

Bingo! They do stock some of the extensions in their Taipei shop, others in Hsinchu (but can move it to taipei if interested). Thanks a lot!

Edit: visited the shop, it’s great! I guess at least a third of it is full of mostly English and German original versions, the people are super helpful, and generally a nice place. Prices are a bit on the high side, a bit lower for members (lifetime 600NT, has some more perks like getting free card sleeves with purchases, …)

Thanks. Unfortunately they only sell games officially distributed by a company called “Neuschwanstein”, and English 7 wonders is not one of these.

Thanks! they only have the Chinese version, but maybe interesting for other games in the future.

Want to bump this thread. We started playing board games a few weeks ago with friends, and maybe it’s the sobriety, but I am having quite a lot of fun.

My son asked me last night if there were any Chinese/Japanese history/culture based board games, so I ask you, wise flobbers. Are there any?

We’ve played this:
https://rummikub.com/

and this recently:

Had a great time, and got to make up a few more rules to add to the excitement.

4 Likes

Childhood favorite!

2 Likes

Takenoko to some extent. Barely culture, definitely not history.

1 Like

I should say that my son is 23 and studying Chinese and Japanese history. Bamboo forest building may not be what he’s getting at. lol

1 Like

Yeah, perhaps 10 years too late for that game! (It’s not bad, a touch simpler than Carcassonne if I recall correctly, which I probably don’t.)

We made up some good rules for challenging completed territory that involve rolling dice. Big hit! :banana:

1 Like