A Chance to work in Taiwan

Well, I never really like Ktv parlour though I love to sing. So I’m fine to stay near it. I just need a roof for my bed. Haha.

And my this role is a desk job, therefore, most probably I need not entertain.

Well, for exmaple, if you live in the outskirts of Tamsui, that is a 15 minute bus or tram ride/walk to the MRT, a 45 plus minute metro ride to Taipei city, then another connection to wherever you are going. That would be 500 ntd more or less by taxi. And before you say, that is nothing, in London or Japan or US I rode/drove 2 hours to work, please factor in typhoons, inclement weather, general tightness… all that can be easily avoided. If you do not have to, please don’t do this to yourself.

If you want to make your life complicated, you can look up a place up the hills in Elephant Mountain in Xinyi, where the nearest 7-11 is like 20 minute walk away because there are no buses except one every hour… or you can live conviniently in an apartment with elevator, guard, garbage collection service, 5 minutes away from Xiangshan MRT and 10 minutes to the nearest disco/gym/movie theater/shopping center.

In summary, it is not just the question of a place being nice, it is the whole surroundings, environment, and that thing Taiwanese value over all: convenience.

The “ktvs” we refer to is where they offer full service, host bars kind of. You will have someone to help you sing high notes and work your microphone, if you catch my drift.

1 Like

Yes, good microphone technique is essential. But perfect pitch isn’t necessary for the “hot tea hummer.”

Haha… okay I get what you guys meant.

Anyway, my supposed interview on Monday is postponed to Wednesday yet again.