ABC obtaining Taiwanese Passport

如果別人已經問過我表的主題請告訴我!給我鏈接~

我是在美國出生的,但我爸爸是台灣公民。我好像在哪裡讀過如果你爸媽是出生時是台灣公民,公民入籍就能流傳下來給小孩。對嗎?我為了工作機會及看親屬很想拿台灣公民入籍但是現在是在不知道該怎麼辦。好像小孩超過十八歲就拿不到ROC ID卡。再過幾個禮拜就是我二十一歲的生日… 所以可能太晚了。挫賽! :cry: :cry: 有人知道超過幾歲就不能拿ROC ID卡嗎? :ponder: 看我只能申請台灣公民入籍與此同時放棄美國入籍。拿到台灣入籍就再申請美國入籍。但這方法真的好麻煩又很耗時間。我五月底就回台灣了,但在台灣待不到一個月,在這時間內可定沒辦法把全部入籍事情辦完。很後悔我出生當時父母沒想到幫我辦台灣入籍。

So please forgive me if this has been already asked, if so redirect me to the link.
Basically I was born in the US, but my dad is a taiwanese citizen. I read that citizenship can be passed down from your mother or father as long as they are Taiwanese at birth. Is this true? I want to get a Taiwanese passport because I’m not sure if in the future I may want to work there, and would like to keep my options open. Also would be able to visit for more than 30days to see extended family. I think I’m doomed though cause I’m 20yrs old already. May be too late… I just really wish my parents would of thought to get my Taiwanese Citizenship when I was child. Right now if I understand correctly, my only option is to apply for taiwanese citizenship, renounce my US citizenship, and then re-apply for US citizenship… -_- I’m only going to be in Taiwan for less than a month this summer, and I don’t think this is something I could get down within that period of time.

[quote=“asun882”]如果別人已經問過我表的主題請告訴我!給我鏈接~

我是在美國出生的,但我爸爸是台灣公民。我好像在哪裡讀過如果你爸媽是出生時是台灣公民,公民入籍就能流傳下來給小孩。對嗎?我為了工作機會及看親屬很想拿台灣公民入籍但是現在是在不知道該怎麼辦。好像小孩超過十八歲就拿不到ROC ID卡。再過幾個禮拜就是我二十一歲的生日… 所以可能太晚了。挫賽! :cry: :cry: 有人知道超過幾歲就不能拿ROC ID卡嗎? :ponder: 看我只能申請台灣公民入籍與此同時放棄美國入籍。拿到台灣入籍就再申請美國入籍。但這方法真的好麻煩又很耗時間。我五月底就回台灣了,但在台灣待不到一個月,在這時間內可定沒辦法把全部入籍事情辦完。很後悔我出生當時父母沒想到幫我辦台灣入籍。

So please forgive me if this has been already asked, if so redirect me to the link.
Basically I was born in the US, but my dad is a taiwanese citizen. I read that citizenship can be passed down from your mother or father as long as they are Taiwanese at birth. Is this true? I want to get a Taiwanese passport because I’m not sure if in the future I may want to work there, and would like to keep my options open. Also would be able to visit for more than 30days to see extended family. I think I’m doomed though cause I’m 20yrs old already. May be too late… I just really wish my parents would of thought to get my Taiwanese Citizenship when I was child. Right now if I understand correctly, my only option is to apply for taiwanese citizenship, renounce my US citizenship, and then re-apply for US citizenship… -_- I’m only going to be in Taiwan for less than a month this summer, and I don’t think this is something I could get down within that period of time.[/quote]

You are Visa exempt for 90 days if you hold a US passport. There’s more legislation regarding getting a Taiwanese passport and citizenship, but since you’re only visiting and staying in Taiwan for 30 days, your US passport will do fine.

Don’t go blaming your parents so quickly. :laughing:

Even though you are already 20 years old, because your father is a Taiwanese citizen you can apply for a Taiwanese passport. Have your dad contact the nearest TECO to ask what he needs to prepare. Note that you won’t get a National ID, however. You can use this passport to enter Taiwan and stay for up to 90 days. If you want the National ID, you will have to enter Taiwan on your Taiwanese passport, apply for a TARC, and then stay in Taiwan for 365 consecutive days or for 18 months over the course of two years.