Allowing discussion on suspicious posts

Oh, and would Forumosa please stop resurrecting ancient threads and attaching new conversations to them. This helps nobody.

2 Likes

Neither the post that indirectly resulted in this thread nor the post that indirectly resulted in this thread’s revival matches the pattern you describe.

Absolutely.

By way of analogy, when you go to the police to report a crime, they don’t just take it for granted that your version of the story is the truth and nothing but, but they don’t call you a liar to your face without taking the time to investigate, and even then, in most cases they’ll tell you your story is “unfounded” or something similar. We’re all civilized here, right? :rainbow:

No, the earlier part of this thread arose in the context of an unrelated matter, but it was the same phenomenon: someone posts a story, others don’t believe it, and they call OP a liar.

“Expose” how? You have a secret recording of a troll club conspiring to waste our time? Great! :slight_smile:

You have a theory? Less great, though it might turn out to be useful.

This is something the mods discuss from time to time. I revived this particular thread because the opinions expressed earlier are relevant to the current controversy.

1 Like

Sorry, I’m confused.
Is this the thread where I can submit that @AttackBoy’s story is anywhere from 70 to 100% total-ass bullshit without getting zotzed?

3 Likes

No, I think this is the thread where you can complain that in general, certain posts claiming certain other posts to be 70-100% bullshit are unable to find a thread home.

2 Likes

It’s positively Orwellian!!
No, wait, it’s Kafkaesque!
Or no, Stalinist!!

I’m so confused…

Have a beer. It’s Saturday!

1 Like

No it’s not. Stay on topic please.

Real Kafkaism has never been tried.

4 Likes

Taiwan 1971 . long hair illegal and Police make arrests.

2 Likes

Cop: “So, who’s your favorite Beatle?”

1 Like

Good post.
Funny.
Clearly not Taiwan, but I guess you knew that

Trying to make points in subliminal ways . :pensive::wink:

:+1:

Was this the Pool in Taipei ? :thinking:

That guy with the selfie stick, I know him.
Last year he sold me a pi dan that had a feather in it.

1 Like

I was just being kind , feeding my cat …perspective , perspective

What a picture. One page that features that picture also mentions a martial arts movie, seemingly somehow in the context of the ban on long hair (but I’m not confident of that, because I don’t know Chinese).

Edited to Add: I removed the URL with the movie information, because one source on VirusTotal says the site has malware:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/bd2d953a7d22b8b27fe39e81b40b2da153b7524cc15364f0ce55b133e54d6fcf/detection

Please don’t visit the movie site that I posted earlier, and I’m sorry for the mistake! :frowning:

I don’t know anything about martial arts movies, so I have no idea whether the man next to the uniformed man is an actor.

Here’s the page that contains the picture and the mention of the movie, among other things:

says the 警察 policeman is from 城中分局 branch.
anyone know which city, Taipei?

1 Like

Trying to translate , it seemed that they were implying that it was real ? Just a feed from a friend .

1 Like

I’m reposting this in case someone missed it:

In my post above, I removed the URL with the movie information, because one source on VirusTotal says the site has malware:

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/bd2d953a7d22b8b27fe39e81b40b2da153b7524cc15364f0ce55b133e54d6fcf/detection

Please don’t visit the movie site that I posted earlier, and I’m sorry for the mistake! :frowning: