Allowing discussion on suspicious posts

I’m having trouble finding a safe site that talks about that movie, so I’ll use Wikipedia.

I think this is one of the actors who was mentioned on the Facebook page:

And I think this is the movie, from the above Wikipedia article:

I think this is the other actor:

I think it’s a Shaw Brothers movie:

Edited to add: I found some information on the movie on IMDb; hopefully that site is safe:

https://video.ftpe7-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.4659-2/19569139_1707708645914561_8877025281399848960_n.mp4?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=video.ftpe7-2.fna&oh=9639d49dee974207b2a38786ebb67334&oe=5CC9BAD8

Your video doesn’t display. :frowning:

Your intergalactic equipment and software isn’t compatible with our primitive video technology and codecs?

I’ll describe it then. It’s a cat turning a page in a book.

2 Likes

Yet another first time poster posting from out of left field…my friend got drunk and raped someone hahaha, what a giggle…

Maybe we should have a sandbox for first time posters…

[mv 2 fdback or temp if needed]

6 Likes

I just wonder about OP. He befriends a drunk guy crying about raping (or trying to rape) someone while drunk. He’s evidently sad about his legal jeopardy, not the victim he possibly violated.

Why do you “feel sorry” for this piece of puke, OP? Should’ve told him “don’t do the crime if you can’t do the time” and shuffled off. Rapists are only a couple notches below murderers in my book.

I don’t care if my post gets temped. I don’t think a possible rapist deserves our help, even in this sub-forum.

2 Likes

Correction: A complete stranger on the MRT confided in the OP that he was up for attempted rape. Presumably they must have exchanged contact information as now the OP has taken it upon himself to obtain legal advice for the stranger.

4 Likes

The whole thing is ultra skeevy. Especially the use of inappropriate laughing emojis in the original post.

2 Likes

I don’t think highly of rapists either, and I removed the inappropriate emojis. (I assume OP was doing the “smile to show you come in peace” thing.)

That said, who cares if it’s a first time poster? Some regulars keep waving that card like it’s the ace of trump. It’s not.

@yyy
I don’t care if it’s a first time poster. If someone who had been here years posted about helping out a possible rapist, I’d be equally disturbed. This isn’t like giving legal advice to someone going through a divorce, overstaying their VISA, or even something more serious, like marijuana charges or DUI. This is another level, and personally I don’t think that thread should stay open. Legal forum or not, I think we have to draw the line at helping rapists (or “friends” of rapists, whatever).

It’s no big deal to me, but I just corrected the_bear on the facts of the original post. I didn’t make any comment on the veracity of the OP.

I understand your concern, but it’s a subject some people want to discuss. People who choose to participate in the discussion don’t need to say, “I recommend Lawyer X because he usually wins”. They can instead say, “This is what the law says in one country and in another country for persepctive. There are reasons why the law says what it says.” And so on.

No idea what this means…some kind of right wing political reference?

Close…it’s a term used in contract bridge.

And other trick taking card games.

Spades. Oops, not trying to be racist. Just calling a spade…a spade.

And briscola

“Ace of trumps is British slang for a first−class person.”

:thinking:

I hear it’s also the name of an Ace of Bass cover band who are big Trump supporters. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I play my Trump Card.