Antiviral pills for genital herpes

Hello all,

I will stay in Taiwan for a year starting in September and unfortunately have genital herpes. I’m currently taking Valtrex which works fine and basically makes the disease nonexistent. My question is:

1. Will I get deported if I go to the doctor in Taiwan asking for a prescription?
  2. Can I get Valtrex or similar medication in a pharmacy?
  3. How much does it cost?

Thanks for your help.

I know this is a sensitive topic so if you don’t want to publicly reply to this thread it’s more than appreciated if you would send me a PM. Thanks.

You can get it, and medicine is so cheap here even without NHI. I pay more 2-5x more on medicine out of pocket here than with insurance in the US for the same exact thing. And no, the doctor will not deport you for having herpes.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: From antiviral pills

Can I get the pills in a pharmacy without prescription? If yes, what are they called in Taiwan?

It’s sometimes possible. I’ve gotten prescriptions medicine from them before as long as they trust you and it’s not like a really controlled drug like benzodiazepines. Just give the drug name and brand name and see if they have it or will order it for you.

1 Like