Any short-term Chinese classes for kids?

Hello!

I am looking for short term Mandarin classes for my kids. My kids are 5 and 3 years old. We are usually in Taipei for 2-3 months (March, April, and May) every year.

We inquired with HESS, but they told my wife that they do not allow short term or drop in classes.

Are there any other options here in Taipei for short term classes?

Cheers,
Sherwin

Check this thread…

Mandarin daily news has mandarin classes for kids with foreign passports. I used to take them years ago, but I have heard there has been a few changes to their programs so it’s best you give them a call or e-mail to ensure.

Thank you.

I will look into this.

tough to find something for 3 year old, but can consider:
http://www.ymca-taipei.org.tw/kindergarten.htm

kids can take all kinds of lessons (swimming, etc.) at YMCA. would be in chinese, so they’d pick up words (directions, etc.). My kids attended swimming at basketball at the YMCA hear the Sungshan MRT/train station. Nice place. Well worth it for the costs.

If only to learn Chinese, it’s kind of hard unless you just walk around and find some of those daycares in local neighborhood where you’ll be staying.

We are also looking into daycare centres and preschools that would accept short term enrollments.

Trying to find the best opinions in terms of logistics and willing schools who will take our kids for short terms.

One thing for sure is that we can’t have the kids do nothing at home when we visit their Grandma. :slight_smile: