Bike Trunk Mount Rack allowed

Hi,

I intend to import a Bike Trunk Mount Rack suitable for my car but strangely I have not seen any in TW so I wonder if there are allowed in Taiwan.
Anyone can confirm ?

Thanks

I saw a few in the Xinyi area before, but wouldn’t know if they are legal.

They are everywhere, just have to be in the right places. Some people will install them when needed and take them off when not. It’s hard to parallel park with a bike rack sticking out of the back end of your car, right?

You should be fine. Just be wary that if you’re already here and buying it from overseas or shipping it from home, customs could inspect it and slap a fee if it’s worth over 3000NTD.

Thanks to both of you. I have not seen any so far but I have been in TW for a few months only. Anyhow, I am now good to go !

Thanks for the tip for customs duties. I have no choice to import it from the US as I cannot find the model to fit my car here. I already bought a few items from Amazon US and Taobao with no duties so far :slight_smile:

I hope your luck continues with customs! I’ve been unlucky 2 out of 2 times with buying cycling things from overseas websites.

I’m curious, if you don’t mind me asking, are the items you bought bike stuff? I’m always curious as to what people buy overseas vs buy here in Taiwan.

I’ve found that depending on where you buy it in the states it can be almost 20-30% off or 20-30% more than Taiwan prices.

Well, I would not be surprised or even disappointed if they would charge duties on imported items but of course, it was a good surprise.

it was mainly appliances such as yoghurt maker, toaster (for large bread) and some pieces of equipment that I cannot find locally. Also Taobao items from China that I cannot find here neither.
Also, I had a bad experience with local online vendor so now I prefer to pay a little more but receive top quality items from Amazon US. I am not rich enough to buy unreliable products or to be cheated :slight_smile: I am more the kind of guy who buy the best, take good care and keep for a long time…

I come from a 220V country so I need to buy new stuff and appliances for the US market are really better TMHO.