Broken Internet, or Just Me?

I know a few months ago, the internet in TW was broken, but I thought that was all fixed. In the past two weeks, I have noticed a tremendous slowdown pretty much across the board. From NetFlix, AmazonPrime, YouTube to non-video sites just an overall noticeable slow down.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just Hsinchu County? Is it just Chunghwa? 4G seems to be fine.

1 Like

following

I use Google Map so much… and it is just so slow… slower and slower
No -major- changes for other websites

Exact same problem here!

I just switched from Kbro to Chunghwa and opted for 30mb download speed. Had it installed about two weeks ago and while the first few days were fine, streaming movies and even music often buffers and stops and starts.

My 4G hasn’t been much better and both connections are painfully slow to download apps.

A friend suggested that 30mb is bad these days ( I remember 5mb was the bomb ten years ago in England) so I switched my package to 100mb. Maybe it’s a wider issue.

I do remember the damaged undersea cable issue but I thought that was fixed. To be honest, I never noticed any difference then - I do now!

Some depends on the building you are in, also the 100Mb only seems to guarantee 30-40 actually…
I have 100mb package but I only get about 40-50mb if I am lucky. Weekends it’s slows right down because of neighbours downloading especially sundays and evenings.

1 Like

Things improved after the “shark” incident however the last 7 to 10 days access to Netflix, Youtube, Google Maps etc has gone down the tubes again.

1 Like

On/Off topic, the recent MS update took 4 hours to complete. I think that is a Microsoft issue, though. My Mac updates within minutes. The last major update took, I think, 20 minutes.

Our internet was slow last week. After complaining to the service provider, their repairmen came today and fixed some wiring. Fast net again!

1 Like