Budget wise :)

How much should be my budget if I am going in Taiwan for 3 days particularly in Taiyuan ? thanks :slight_smile:

If you are roaming Taoyuan International Airport for 3 days and sleeping on chairs there, then the airport has a 7-11, a Burger King, and some other eateries. Budget accordingly for how many calories you need. You can try and sneak into some airline lounges where you can take some showers.

If you mean “Taoyuan”, budget at least NT$160 to take the MRT to Taipei…and get the heck out of Taoyuan!

1 Like

Taiyuan is in China.

If you’re traveling around for three days, it depends on what standard you’re looking for. The above is correct, I can’t see why you would want to stay in Taoyuan. Kaohsiung is interesting and fairly cheap; Hualien is pretty and close to Taroko; Taipei is Taipei (I love it but it’s more expensive).

Hostel bed is going to be anywhere from NT$400 to NT$1000 (estimating only, and depending on where and what sort). Room in an okay hotel will be more than that. Everything is more in Taipei than in other cities, and most things are more in cities than elsewhere, unless there’s an “only game in town” thing going on.

Food – if you eat local on the street, you can get by for NT$400-500 per day, maybe less, nothing fancy but you’ll be full. If you’re really broke, eat in the 7-11 out of the hot case. If you’re there in summer, budget in another NT$200 for drinks because of the heat (7-11s are everywhere).

Transportation depends on where you are, where you want to go, and how you want to get there. Add costs for anything you want to do that isn’t free. So it’s impossible to give you a budget. You could stay in a nice hotel and eat at good restaurants and the above would triple easily.

But you know, buying a guidebook would be a great idea and would have this kind of information. Grab one for your Kindle or phone, it’ll be useful. Even though I’m in Taiwan once or twice a year, I still use Lonely Planet for updates on various things that have changed.

thank you soo much :slight_smile:

thank you soo much :slight_smile:

thank you soooo much really appreciate it :slight_smile: