Burrito like Chipotle's

Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. is an American chain of fast food restaurants in the United States, United Kingdom,Canada,Germany, and France,
[color=#0000FF]
(why no Taiwan?)
[/color]
specializing in Mission burritos and tacos.

Does anyone knows where can I find the similar flavor of chicken or steak burrito in Taipei like those served in Chipotle?
I miss the taste so much! Thanks in advance.

There’s a stand here in a storefront behind the subway entrance–at least there was a few months ago. It was okay. I wouldn’t make a special trip, but worth a look if you’re passing by

google.com.tw/maps/@25.0333 … 312!8i6656

Used to be Juanita Burritos and Tacos behind SOGO. Unfortunately they closed.

If you’re ever in Zhongli, they have a burrito bar place that is very similar called Pick&Eat.
https://www.facebook.com/pickneat.tw/

A lot of people say Machos Tacos is a good pick, not top notch, but better than nothing.

Juanitas tasted just like chipotles to me, especially their burrito bowl. If they closed your best bet is probably eddy’s in tianmu. Otherwise just do what I do when it comes to getting good street/sf mission style Mexican food in Taiwan, give up all hope. :frowning:

Best bet is make some of your own creations at home.

I never got a chance to try Juanitas, anyone know why they closed?

I think Mexican food, in general, is a tough sell for most Taiwanese. With the location they had, I never saw them get the volume of customers needed to really excel. It’s too bad because good Mexican food is pretty darn tasty and Juanitas did a pretty good job.

from their FB page:
It is with a heavy heart that after 3 years of great food, delicious dish, wonderful people, fun times, hard work, ups and downs, our Management Team have decided it’s time to move on to the next adventures. Our restaurant commercial lease comes to an end, this has been a very difficult and emotional decision and we are so sad to say goodbye.
Juanita Burritos & Tacos gives some of you a place to feel at home, it is the site of many foreigners get taste of home-style comforts. Juanita Burritos & Tacos was the friend you knew would be there when you needed them. JBT was comforting , welcoming, smiling face. JBT was home.
There are no words that clearly express the love and gratitude we feel for our staff that worked so hard to keep the vision alive. Restaurant work is not easy. It takes commitment, thick skin, and a really good sense of humor. It is so rare to find such a dedicated, hardworking, and friendly staff anywhere.
Deep gratitude and credit goes to our Management Team for creating and developing a vision that supported ours and many other love one while serving up over a thousand of thousand delicious plates of Mexican American Comfort food. The flavors they created made all of our taste buds dance . Thank you Management Team for the heart, body and soul you poured into Juanita Burritos & Tacos.
Juanita Burritos & Tacos last day will be Sunday, August 23, 2015. Please come see us over the next couple weeks to get a last few JBT meals, share stories, and say goodbye.

Thanks for all your recommendation! Too bad Juanita closed, I’ll try others.

Is Rexmex behind Shida still around?

I went to this restaurant called “PICK & EAT” in Taoyuan recently.

The flavor is quite good! I saw many foreigners eating here.
I would highly recommend this restaurant and hope that there will be one in Taipei soon.

Slightly on topic, Corner Office (near Zhong Xiao Guang Fu) has amazing enchiladas.

Their nachos are as good as it’ll get here too.

Macho taco to me is terrible. Living in texas, texmex food was a staple. I gave them a horrible review for being stingy on the meat, and they were pretty pissed.

2 Likes

I gave them a second try after not being impressed the first time. Won’t be going back.

I’ll stick to the Pick & Eat here in Zhongli. Also, The Jalapeno down the street from Pick & Eat has great enchiladas and he makes his own salsa.

I really have no standard for tacos since I’m from the east coast, don’t judge me.

I regularly go on Taco Tuesdays for the 39NT/taco deal and I have noticed it really depends. First time I went, they were super generous with the meat, another few times not so generous and it kind of alternated.

I have a friend who swears by Eddy’s Cantina (in Tian Mu) for tacos and burritos.

I have also heard good things about Nala’s Kitchen near Revolver down by CKS Memorial Hall.

The new kid in town, Twinkeyz Tacos, by SYS Memorial Hall (MRT Exit 1), I hear is pretty damn good and on point, but hella expensive. 70NT for one taco (at most 2 bites) is quite a luxury.

Take your pick!

Hold on stop the press! There are TWO decent places for Mexican food in ZHONGLI! I must get our more. Have not found anything better than the macho taco in shida. Of course they won’t do US sized portions. No food or dessert is done that way in Taiwan just look now pathetic Starbucks is as a comparison

There’s 4!

Another place called Mex-Out. I’ve only tried it once a while back, but have been meaning to get back there.

And of course David’s Diner. He moved back to Zhong Yuan (中原) near the university night market.

Ben a bit disappointed with Eddy’s in Tienmou the last two times I visited. At the original, the price of the burrito went up from 270 to 330, ostensibly to pay for Eddy’s Two near Sogo. Wet to Eddy’s Two for their lunch special a few months back and the size of the burrito had shrunk. About three bites and that sucker was finito. Just stick to making my own now, especially after I found that Florida’s Bakery has '12 inch tortillas.

This is funny to me because, having lived in places in the US that range from 30% to 80% Mexican-American, Chipotle might as well have been Taco Bell-- completely second-rate (maybe third-rate?) fake Mexican food. Macho Tacos is probably as good as anything in Taipei if you’re going for that kind of scene.

What I really miss is real Mexican food. I’ve yet to find it in Taipei, but Eddy’s is the closest I have found. The original Eddy’s is better if you want outdoor seating, but Eddy’s Two is better if you want more craft beer options. If anyone has found better authentic Mexican food in Taiwan, PLEASE let me know. I’m dying here as far as that goes.

I agree that Corner Office has pretty solid enchiladas, but it’s mainly an American food place.