Can I delete my account?

Can someone please tell me how to delete my account? I’m spending a little too much time checking this site out, and honestly there are just too many negative people posting here, and it’s making me feel negative too. I guess I can ask to get banned, but I might want to come back sometime in the future with a different user name. If I can’t delete my account, then I guess I am asking to get banned.

Sorry if this information is already listed somewhere. I did a search but couldn’t find anything.

Thanks.

Can’t you just not post? I’m a member of half a dozen forums, and I only post on the ones that I’m interested in.

[quote=“Maoman”]Can’t you just not post?[/quote]That’s like asking Almas John to stop drinking or Tigermon to stop listening to the Grateful Dead. I was recently with out Forumosa for TWO whole days (thanks for fixing that btw). I was dribbling everywhere, mumbling to myself in gibberish, injecting refined betel nut, having explicit dreams involving Sandman and IrishStu. I was even worse without Forumosa.

It would be a useful feature. A while ago, I realised I’d been far to open and trusting about what I posted and was unable to delete my account or to delete posts with personal information.

This was my fault for not being very savvy about the nature of the internet, or of the kind of people on the periphery of this kind of ‘community’.

If I could turn the clock back, I’d NEVER have outed myself by attending forumosa events such as Happy Hours, as I left myself open to quite a nasty situation.

I’m blaming myself because I should have been a lot less naive, but it frustrated and upset me a lot that I had no control over my past posts and that my words and information were no longer owned by myself, once I had pressed submit. It’s a weak point of the site, definitely, and sad because the nice part, about meeting people irl is also the most risky.

It’s easy enough to quit. I did for a few months when I got bored for a while, which is inevitable if you spend a lot of time with a bunch of middle aged guys… Just spend half an hour reading the posts of someone particularly repellent (that stupid cow, Buttercup?) and it suddenly becomes easier to just do some work.

If you have no will power, just call someone sensitive a c*** or re****, in plain view. That seems to work.

Delete?
Nay?
Just let it flow on by!
Don’t forget to curse!

I think you’re missing his point. He likes the site, but he’s spending too much time on it.

Why can’t you ban him for a month then reactivate his account? That way if he wants to come back and at least read something, he can without too much trouble.

The worst thing about being locked out is the loss of PM ability.

Throw the guy a bone and boot him.

So don’t open this website or don’t log in - banning the account does not make f.com invisible.

And what’s the difference between being logged out and reading and the account being deleted and reading? None.

Just click “Log Out” in the top right corner and it’s done.

Or change your password on f.com by entering some gibberish (random keys pressed on your keyboard). Copy to the “confirm password” field, apply the change, log out and reboot your PC.

What good would banning him do? If he really wanted to read the shite this bunch of brain-dead fucktards…er um… I mean “community”…posts, banning the dangerousapple account wouldn’t stop him. It’s a matter of willpower on his part.

Willpower goes, and has gone, a long way…
Ebb & floe…
So sayeth a patron of ‘Under the Volcano’…
malcolm lowry…

Gotta git back…

You know rascal, maybe admin could just give the guy what he asked for. It wouldn’t be the first time that someone requested to be shut down and had that request granted.

You might try and see this as the flob being a victim of its own success. Maybe he finds it too enticing for whatever reason. It’s really amazing that this site can help people find houses, jobs, visas, food, games, hiking and whatnot, but when a guy says “Hey, shut me down. I want a break with no temptation” you say “No, exercise your self control.”

But in your opinion it is better to make the guy feel bad about asking to be shut down on top of feeling he can’t quit on his own. Let’s leave him with a bad taste in his mouth, right? That’s MUCH better than clicking a few buttons and it manages to illuminate the concern admin and the mods have for posters.

Ahhhh Forumosa: “We will laugh your troubles or you away.”

I would not call a daily average of .38 posts (just 300 post in over two years) an addiction.
Okay: now for my mandatory reference to booze.
It would be like turning up to AA and saying you drink three or four cans every Saturday night.

Addicted?
verily, it’s all down to thou, in the final reckoning.
Everything else, including religion, is a crutch.
Get off yer gimped arses!

Sure, I don’t care if the account will be shut down or not (go ahead for all I care), I am just saying I don’t see how this makes a difference as you can still read f.com

If he is serious he should just have PMed Maoman and I am sure that his request would have been granted. I just read too many of those “I want to be banned” or “I won’t post again” announcements (not just here) when in fact most people do come back or continue to stay, so I don’t take the requests / announcements too serious.
Seems to me some people just want to make a drama out of it and get attention. Not saying dangerousapple does, but IMO many people do.

I am not a shrink and merely stated my opinion (not as a mod btw) but also gave advise how he can lock himself out. :idunno:

That’s a beautiful post, rascal.