China orders Muslims in Xinjiang to turn in Korans and prayer rugs

Seems like China is cracking down on Islam in occupied East Turkmenistan (Xinjiang province). Wonder how Iran and Turkey will react or are they hypocrites as well?

1 Like

turkistan, not turmenistan, and only militant groups call it that

Eh, I don’t bother to fight autocorrect.

1 Like

Is it the same region where the Chinese government still enforces the 1 child policy in monirities, and last year (or this year?) confiscated passports?

1 Like

For the passports yes.

Can anyone provide a source re the one child policy there?

I was not updated, they had the 1 child thing until not long ago, then changed it to 2 or 3 children depending on location, with minorities being allowed an extra child, and now minorities don’t get the bonus child.

Thanks for the clarification. :slight_smile:

Do not forget Pakistan on the list

Never understood the logic behind this. China floods conquered terroritory with han Chinese then allows the non han Chinese to have more kids than han Chinese. I guess China figures if the natives have too many kids they can always bring in more han to “balance” things out.

All this and no mumblings from the Jihadists? No fatwas against Beijing being declared? What gives? Have the radicals gone soft?

I have wondered why China gets a pass from the Muslims world in their treatment of their Muslim minorities. If India tried something like this, or Israel, or even the West as a whole a shitstorm of hellfire and hate from radicals, moderates, and their sympathizers would hit them in a tsunami of words and actions that would have no compare.

This is not like a simple travel ban. Taking away Qurans and mats is a huge act of repression. Wow.

3 Likes

Human rights in China are an optional, at least for western standards. Few people would be willing to raise their voice against the Chinese government within China, way too many people happen to suddenly disappear.

Also, China keeps all the cars/trucks/knives of peace away from any spotlight. When terrorist attacks happen, the attackers are quickly disposed of and media coverage is kept at a minimum to avoid publicity, imitators etc etc.

It’s easier for them to suck it up and focus on complaining about how racist European countries are, hoping for even more free handouts for economic migrants.

While what you said is true for China, it doesn’t explain why most Muslim countries (and jihadists outside china )say nothing. The most I’ve every heard in protest is some people in Turkey attacked some Koreans because the locals thought they were Chinese.

I would guess those countries have too much business with China to say anything. Perhaps they too censor news to avoid anger from their populace.

Which list is that?

It’s their preferred targets that are soft.

If Beijing ratchets things up enough that they make the Muslims desperate, then the bottom line will be altered. The good news is the violent blowback will distract them from adventures in the South China Sea area.

It was in reference to 1st post : Other best PRC Muslim friends

I start thinking maybe I should turn myself into a Muslim so that people won’t dare to mess around with me.

Lots of people have thought that. It makes sense, as far as it goes.

But then they go blowing other people up who weren’t particularly messing with them at the moment. Too much of that and people start updating their mental spreadsheets.

Because not messing with people cuts both ways.

Anyway, let the ChiComs and the Xinjiang Muslims slaughter each other. Keeps them out of everyone else’s hair. And it’s going on in central Asia. Nice, out-of-the-way spot, where hardly anyone wants to live anyway. The sort of place you’d pick for a nuclear test or a toxic waste dump or a lead mine. An expendable part of the planet.