Chinese getting attacked by North Africans in Paris

Combine this attack on Paris Chinese locals by Muslim North Africans with the local gangs attacking Chinese tourists and the Chinese will probably stop going to Paris alltogether.

It may have some impact on Chinese tourism but hard to say how much. The huge tour groups will still probably visit Paris as they are managed the entire time.

From what I understand, It’s mostly happening in the outer areas of Paris and not in the center where most tourists visit. And it’s mostly happening in non-asian neighborhoods, where some Asians may reside.

Anyway, if you’re Asian anywhere in Paris, need to keep your guard up. Well, everybody in Paris needs to keep their guard up it goes without saying.

1 Like

Is it just my circle of friends (mostly European), or is it a common thing that when something bad happens to an Asian person in the Eu very few people will share the news, discuss it, show solidarity etc?
The moment an african/middle eastern person is harrassed or killed in the Eu, I get my facebook feed full of people signaling their indignation. When the same thing happens to an Asian, I barely notice it.

I find it a bit odd that people are so fixated on the skin colour of the people involved. Some thugs are terrorising some normal hard-working people. So go and find the thugs, arrest them, and keep them off the streets. Who cares what their ethnic origins are?

Anyway, unless they’re recent migrants (in which case, surely, they can be deported?) they’re not North Africans. They’re French.

Deporting an african/middle eastern migrant from the Eu ? That’s a political suicide.

Well yeah. I meant in theory. Legally speaking.

However I’m guessing they are actually second-generation immigrants, ie., French.

“This comes amid a growing perception that recent migrants from North Africa have become “too demanding” and consider themselves “victims” who deserve pity.”

It leads to a different article showing how some recent migrants (""""""“refugees”"""""", sure) are demanding better treatment because what they get in France is not as good as what they could get in Sweden or such places.

The number of Chinese tourists have already dropped sharply following the recent terrorist attacks in Paris and Nice. France overall has seen a drop of incoming tourists in 2016 by 7% according to sources, but it is still the No. 1 overall.

Btw, a couple of months ago a Taiwanese tourist was attacked on the Parisian metro (which is fucking AWFUL btw) by Eastern European immigrant workers, and just a few days ago a WHITE French-Canadian (who’s also a Trump supporter, just sayin’) killed 6 people at a mosque in Quebec City. I just don’t see the point of specifying “North Africans”.

Yes Paris is no Tokyo, the train stations are fucking gross and the touristy spots are filled with pickpockets (which is extremely common all over Europe), but it’s pretty silly to assume as if it was a war zone. It is just like another big city if you exercise reasonable caution, like you’d do everywhere else.

Quite frankly, the omnipresence of soldiers carrying rifles makes me way more nervous while walking down the streets of Paris, not the North Africans.

I say when criminals victimize others, law enforcement should go after the criminals, not the ethnic group they belong to.

So if an immigrant attacks a tourist or tourists, go after that criminal, not immigrants in general. If a citizen attacks an immigrant or immigrants, go after that criminal.

Go after the bad guys and only the bad guys, and leave the good guys, who may share some common features (immigrant status, national origin, skin color, religion etc.) alone. Treating all members of a group as criminals is like finding a rotten apple in a batch of Granny Smiths and saying “OK, no more Granny Smiths.”

Yes, it’s hard to accomplish, but the alternative is diminished freedom. Freedom should never be compromised in the name of security. They key is in good law enforcement, not in blanket government policy aimed at entire groups.

1 Like

Chris: I agree in principle. I don’t like the way the article portrays this as a case of “the barbarians are coming”, or a case of those black people causing mayhem again.

The problem in France - or at least in Paris - is that there are entire arrondissements where the police dare not go. The problem should have been fixed decades ago, but for whatever reason it wasn’t. They now have huge communities of people who do nothing much except sit around whining that every single problem they have is someone else’s fault, and they all feed off each other’s toxic nonsense. They’re producing more kids who grow up with the same bad attitudes and the same self-fulfilling prophecies planted in their heads. Add that to the continuing influx of people from countries that are a couple of levels below merely fucked-up, and you’ve got one major headache to deal with. Fundamentally though, it’s a social issue, not a ‘racial’ one.

As for the Granny Smith analogy, what do you do when you’ve got an entire barrel of rotten Granny Smiths with a few good ones in there? In the case of real, actual apples, our natural instinct is to try to salvage the good ones and chuck the rest on the compost heap. What do you do when you’re talking about humans instead of apples?

This just the tip of the iceberg. There is a lot of resentment of the Chinese, and Asians overall, by many in European and other western countries.

Aside from attacks, Chinese and Japanese tourists in EU are often victims of being mugged and robbed in broad daylight, group or no group.

The irony is that it is the Chinese who are driving global tourism and by not fixing these issues, popular tourists destinations in EU will see significant decrease in tourist revenue.

Tourist from anywhere and also locals get mugged in European cities…not necessarily targeting Asian believe me.

That’s true and muggers/criminals tend to look for the easiest targets which happen to be Asian.