Daily Photos - Part 13

Went through some old photos today and re-edited them. I realized my “style” is trying to make photos mimic what the eye sees. My wife tells me that makes my pictures boring compared to styles that employ high-contrast or trippy colors, but I’m pretty satisfied.

Yangmingshan, Feb. 2011

Guanyinshan, May 2013

Sanxia, Dec. 2013

Surprised squirrel at Da’an Park, Dec. 2013

Out in salt country, western Tainan:
synapticism.com/out-in-salt-country/

Interesting. The left upper corner is blurred. do you know the reason?

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]
YMS
[/quote]
Interesting. The left upper corner is blurred. do you know the reason?[/quote]
Nope, chuck testa.

[quote=“jesus80”][quote=“Hokwongwei”]
YMS
[/quote]
Interesting. The left upper corner is blurred. do you know the reason?[/quote]

Of the Yangmingshan photo??? I don’t see a blur.

Or are you talking about the Guanyinshan photo underneath? If so that’s blurred because I used a crappy lens that got reaaaaaaaaaaaally soft in the corners and had some other fun (?) and unpredictable effects. I have switched lenses.

Yeah, sorry, I meant the other one you say. It is actually not just the corner, and not all the corners. I was wondering if it could be some water/fog on the lens, or perhaps that you took a picture from behind some window or glass. It could also be that the sensor is not perfectly parallel with the focus plane (I’m afraid that my D700 has that problem after a very intense life :smiley:, but it’s hardly noticeable, and not visible when the lens is stopped down one or two f-stops).

Love the squirrel, Hokwongwei. Who do you think YOU’RE looking at?

YMS, some small touristic village on the way to some good but illegal hotsprings :smiley:

Yangmmingshan is just amazingly fun and photogenic. It’s one of the reasons I don’t want to live anywhere but Taipei. I haven’t been back in a year though… Now that it’s a tiny bit cooler, I’ll make sure to fix that.

These were taken on my old camera, a Fuji S3 Pro. It did amazingly with colors but was really noisy in shadows. RIP, camera.

Yangmingshan, March 2010

Same

Beijing on a typically smoggy day, July 2010

The chaos that is Taipei, Nov. 2010

Wulai Waterfall

flickr.com/photos/papaija2008/

Niushan Huting:
synapticism.com/waves-of-dawn/

Taipei

flickr.com/photos/papaija2008/

[quote=“Xeno”]

Niushan Huting:
synapticism.com/waves-of-dawn/[/quote]

This looks like a scene out of The 300. Except without the naked dudes.

nice shot papaija :slight_smile:

六福村: Disneyland on a budget. (They even play several Disney songs inside…)

“And for my third wish, I want Disney’s lawyers not to prosecute.”

Betel nut mountain:
synapticism.com/betel-nut-mountain/