Degree in Tourism

Hello, I been reading plenty of posts here on forumosa about the education of Chinese and experiences at various schools such as Shida, NTU and others. I went myself to the MTC in NCKU last winter and I have decided to make the large jump over.

I am applying to Shida’s [NTNU] applied Chinese bachelor program because it’s, I believe, the only 4 year bachelor program in Chinese for international students. I would like to stay in Taiwan long term and develop and while I see there are downsides to the education in Taiwan, it’s where I’d like to stay. As I don’t have a bachelor [prior military] it makes sense to me to enter Taiwan as a student.

I really would like to get into the tourism industry and been considering applying to Kaohsiung University of Hospitality, but I haven’t heard about any experiences or thoughts on that kind of work in TW. I see foreign residents running pizza shops in taitung and I know the owners of several bars in Tainan are white as well.

Is a degree in tourism going to be any help or should I rather go with NTNU and just work on networking and language skills?

I never been to Taipei but I been to all the southern cities and some eastern ones like taitung and I most like Ktown but it seems Taipei might be better for education and finding work.

Any thoughts would be appreviated.