Dehumidifiers and air purifiers

I’ve got a bare bones Panasonic downstairs that has been solid for over 8 years. I have a fancy Panasonic upstairs that I bought second hand. Also very good but I never use the bells and whistles. Just on all the time here in stcky Taiwan.

1 Like

I think the efficiency of your dehumidifier matters as far as how much it will heat up your room. I had one that was very inefficient and it was almost like a space heater. Then I got a panasonic that drew slightly less power but removes more water per day and it produced a lot less heat.

If running together with your ac you should raise the temperature because of higher heat output, and also less humidity means you don’t need as much cooling to be comfortable.

It does help to make the room more comfortable. If I need AC, I set it to 28c.
Sometimes you need the humidifier to dry your clothes before they mold. I smelled an entire family board the MRT by their similar musty smelling clothes.
Taiwan style bathrooms benefit from a nearby humidifier. I’m homesick for the creature comforts.

+1 for Panasonic. I have a big fancy one and a medium-sized simple one. Both have served me well so far.

Somebody please explain me this:

Also, should I consider something else instead? some people recommend the Honeywell whatever.

Just in case my previous post is not clear, both links seem to have the same product, but the official Xiaomi website is like 1 or 2k more expensive (don’t remember the difference).

Based on this;

this;

this;

and the price difference, an educated guess is that the Ruten one is a parallel import from China.

There are quite a number of different versions in China, assuming what is being sold on Ruten is indeed the “pro” then it’s

or ~ 4,400NT there, add a little for the adapter and shipping, at 5,888 there’s money being made. Assuming it is actually a XiaoMi and not a clone.

If you’re buying one I’d recommend the TW website, especially if you have other XiaoMi products and want to use a single app to control. Having one or 2 China “geolocked” appliances can be a PITA.

If you’re looking to use in an apartment I’d go with several of the standard ones instead of one big one. The 15-20 ping, 500M3/hr spec.'s are basically BS, that’s it running at full blast “turbo” mode, you wouldn’t want to be in the apartment with it at that setting unless you were actually deaf.

3 Likes

Why are you buying a Chinese brand? You could get a direct import from Japan for the same price.

Maaaaaaaybe you can be a little bit more specific with your recommendations?

Ok, for that, we need the size of the room where you will use the appliance. Do you want it to be both dehumidifier and air purifier or just one function? Oh and energy consumption.

It’s a tiny flat.

Air purifier only would do.

Size in ping? Square meters?

If you are buying a Chinese import buy it from Taobao. Sea shipping is cheap and takes only a little longer to get here (the stuff goes to a warehouse in Fujian province which is basically across the strait).

I bought my TIG welder this way and it’s half the price most ruten sellers sell for. They are making major bucks selling parallel imports.

The only thing is in China everything is 220v so make sure it’s universal voltage or you’ll have to use an AC unit outlet. But it’s ok for welders because most 110v welders are not worth a damn (they pop breakers all the time because 110 can’t deliver enough juice to run a welder)

I’m not.

This thread is so old it makes my brain hurt I’m not reading it even though I really want to talk about dehumidifiers.

2003? Holy dehumidifier!

Start a new conversation for people that are still n alive!

Well I see the thread on top with new replies and have no way of knowing if it’s an old thread.