Different Areas at Long Dong for Snorkeling

I’ve only been to the “free” area at Long Dong for snorkeling. I know there are some parks around Long Dong that have a paid area (Long Dong Ocean Park I think is the name) Is the snorkeling in the paid areas any better than the “free” / public place that you have to go over rocks to get to?

Don’t know about the snorkeling, but I’ve heard that 巨大王 (Giant Wong) restaurant across from the main bay area is not bad.

We did interview the place a few years ago. The people there are very friendly. The difference is not the area but the equipment you can rent there. They have a pool area separated from the sea, but you won’t see much in there. From the pool area you can swim out to the open sea. Lots of fish there among the rocks. The owner has a large collection of newspaper clippings about diving accidents in the area on the wall and he will stress the fact that it is dangerous to swim in the open sea without equipment and experience. So if you are not an experienced swimmer/diver, it might be a good idea to pay a bit and get live vest, wet suit, goggles and even a guide with a ring buoy who takes you out to the sea. I would recommend that especially if you have kids.

I was in Longdong for the time this week, kayaking during a beautiful day, but almost nobody and to my surprise almost no fisherman, so it should be a great place for snorkeling.

Just be careful by the water flows around the rocks, even when the sea is calm, it can be quite agitated so with kids, Long Dong Ocean Park is a great idea:

[quote=“Brennus”]I was in Longdong for the time this week, kayaking during a beautiful day, but almost nobody and to my surprise almost no fisherman, so it should be a great place for snorkeling.

Just be careful by the water flows around the rocks, even when the sea is calm, it can be quite agitated so with kids, Long Dong Ocean Park is a great idea:

[/quote]

Great video! Shared on our FB site. :slight_smile:

Great vid. Awesome place to get yourself killed if you don’t know exactly what you are doing and are incapable of handling the rough stuff.

Thanks to both. Agree with Tommy, water can look calm and induce us going to far or at the wrong place, but conditions change very fast in Taiwan.

[quote=“Brennus”]I was in Longdong for the time this week, kayaking during a beautiful day, but almost nobody and to my surprise almost no fisherman, so it should be a great place for snorkeling.

[/quote]

that is cool. Does your drone have a follow mode in addition to a remote control mode?

Not my drone, but I saw that my friend had both mode, follow or remote control.

Really a fantastic took, he can send it km away (I don’t even know how it’s possible with the limited battery and fly over mountains.

I just jump in and dnorkle wherever I feel safe.