Do you ever clean your frame... inside?

So the other day I removed the seat post and took a look inside the seat tube… it was dirty, very dirty. Same than when I had my head tube and head set inspected.

I’m wondering if to disassemble certain parts and clean inside the frame is something that should be done regularly. I’m not sure how all the dirtiness got inside, the air is dirty and sometimes I take dusty back roads or even trails, but that shit was too much.

Does anybody use these bottle brush cleaning things?a good blow or air? water and hang it upside down?

Could just be carbon assembly paste in the seat tube.
Whenever I take the forks of my bike the headset area is often filthy, I just give it a quick clean.
If you take dusty roads it’s worth minor strip down and clean every so often, but I’ve never been really fussy and nothing has exploded yet.
My steel bike is the only one I pay a bit more attention to really.

It’s more like grit, dust, or something like that… mixed with the grease used typically for these parts.

I can shave some weight off my bike just cleaning it. More money efficient than any of the typical upgrades :smiley:

I will take a look online on that CF assembly paste just in case, but I’m pretty sure it was just plain shit.

A quick wipe down with a paper towel will probably help, but I haven’t really heard of having to clean the inside of your frame. Maybe some paint shavings dropped in there when adjusting the seat tube or like ShutUpLegs said, assembly paste.

When cleaning your bike of grit can save more grams than upgrading, that’s the day the bike industry will collapse.