Don't f-in steal bikes in Taiwan

Yeah, and the right time. If you go to say a climbing club then they only open at “X” hours when a person might be working , or looking after kids …

I’d watch that. :popcorn:

Guy

2 Likes

Everyone has to wear ubike swimming attire , recyclable, and ubike running shoes. All ubikes are held at the same spot as they pick at random. No team help, you just get there and grab a ubike. The ubike champion if Taiwan could have some bragging rights. I bet international news would cover it, but crucial they use standard everyday ubikes and use their travel cards. :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I thought that would be cool as i wrote it. Ride/run the bike paths of taipei and swim in the river/a pool near the riverside.

1 Like

The vast majority of people doing tri’s here are in it to beat their personal best on that course, they are not in it to win. As to having to have mega-bucks to play - rubbish, I see lots of people doing events on cheaper equipment. 25k will get you a bike that you can use for a tri - it won’t put you in the leaders bracket but it will be good enough to get you around a course in a decent time.

1 Like

There has been an instance of a guy entering a triathlon on a U Bike (search and you can probably find it). They now don’t allow it- it’s in the rules.

People can end up doing very well in their age group. Not much money to get on the podium. Pros fly in to win overall.

1 Like

That’s a bit more serious, though. Attempted murder?

1 Like

Count me in! I’d love to participate in that. We could do the swim in Bitan and then grab a YouBike and race along the riverside.

1 Like

It would make it more sportsmanship like too, I think bike races should be done on standard regulation bicycle. The competition is not how much you spent on the bike, but on the athlete’s physical ability. So youbike triathlon should be standard.

They have regulation ball in every professional sports, bike races should be no exception.

Same with archery, it should be done with regulation bow, and weight classes for people of different strength (different draw weights basically).

1 Like

It’s not about the bike.

1 Like

People have expensive bikes in races so they can get an edge. Everyone in a triathlon should use the exact same bike sized for the person.

I made a Lance Armstrong joke.

3 Likes

Oh believe me, after the stupid interactions with the dim witted idiots that are called police during the first year I was here, I have become a very different thing to interact with when dealing with them. Well, anyone actually. It’s amazing what being fed up with morons can do to you when you really need things done.

Who’d want to murder me I come across as such a pleasant chap I hope. :rofl:
Actually it started with the slashing of the seat on my motorcycle, progressed to break line on bicycle. Not sure if vandalism or attempted murder . At least the police have the info in their databases now. It was in a community area so they can’t just charge anyone who touched it, but if something does happen it’s there.
They checked cameras but the angles were slightly off. I think that was genuine as we looked together. The community even had an extra CCTV installed in that blind spot after the cops got involved. I wasn’t frightened just very curious as to who it was. It was only on my bikes.

1 Like

I had my cheap $400 bike stolen at work (I worked in the ghetto before the pandemic) and had another confiscated by my condo association for illegallly parking it.

Damn the latter is harsh. :neutral_face:

Guy

2 Likes

Are they even allowed to do that??

1 Like

Pro triathlon has a whole bunch of regulations about the bikes and equipment in general. Just like any sport.

3 Likes

Probably. They left a warning saying they’ll cut my lock by a certain date. I remembered the date wrong, so they took it.

So they just took your bike like that? I think you need to demand it back, because that’s theft.