Earthquakes 2016

Being back to the island after weeks away and that wasn’t the welcome I expected! :astonished: :runaway:

Mild??! Not in NeiHu… it was enough to make me put shorts back on (damn this heat), and back away from the shelves and swaying light fixture. My ears feel strange too, like they popped. Not looking forward to aftershocks, but I think we can all count ourselves lucky that it was so deep!

I won’t ask what you were doing at the shelves with your shorts off.

You could have seized the day and done a streak outside legitimately. :sunglasses:

Disturbed my afternoon siesta it did too. And now 20 days to go until my summer exit from Taiwan happens - that can’t come soon enough!!!

The epicentre was out at sea and only registered 3 in parts of Taipei…

http://focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201605310011.aspx

Hahaha me too down here in Nantou.

Footage:

Aha! It was foretold!

m.focustaiwan.tw/news/asoc/201605250014.aspx

Now give me those lottery numbers.

hey, i have lived in a b1 apartment for twelve years. you know when to run outside,roll over and go back to sleep or stick your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye. :whistle: :moon:

Here, from New Taipei City Government, a reminder of what to pack in your emergency bag and what to do when an earthquake strikes:

:confused:

[quote=“Icon”]Here, from New Taipei City Government, a reminder of what to pack in your emergency bag and what to do when an earthquake strikes:

:confused:[/quote]

Where’s the friggin’ six pack in that survival kit?

Beer belongs in the “non perishable, high calorie foodstuffs” category.

BTW, get ready guys and gals, as we have had several quakes, each one increasing in intensity, in the course of a day, so we may expect somestronger movement later. Madame Peng has spoken.

Small one around Taichung about 10 minutes ago.

Taipei just rocked.

Bit of a jolt.

4.8 Ilan County

I thought my wife was changing position on the bed, by the time I realized it was an earthquake it was already over.

North western tip and west coast are the only safer parts of Taiwan it seems

Plot of earthquakes in Taiwan since 1991

That was fairly long!

Just had a wobble here in Xinzhuang.

Felt that one for like 30 seconds in Taipei shook the windows a bit