Earthquakes 2018

Shhhh!

No really. Shhhhh!!!

They removed 2 bodies from one of the damaged buildings in Hualien today. It was a couple found crushed in bed together. 3rd floor. They were crushed by a structural beam from above. must have died in their sleep. Im surprised they opted to leave the bodies there this long.

Structural beams are supposed to be the last thing that fails.

On the bright side, only 7 earthquakes worth tracking today since midnight.

:shushing_face:

The hell!? you never watch horror movies?! First rule, never use ‘only’ that way. Now we know which rule the bad guy will break! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If I may…a quick look at the quake history of late shows action in Tainan, Taitung, Hualien, Yilan…all over the place.

yeah, the fault lines have bern lighting up like a christmas tree but with less frequency.

Holy crap… big one. So weird, I instinctively woke up about 20 seconds before it hit too

Mild shaking in Banqiao.

Woke me up.

Woke me up

5.2 Yilan
2 Taipei and New Taipei

We also had a 4.5 in Yilan roughly a day before… Looks like they are moving north

The ones recently seem to like a short shockwave vs the earth shaking. It feels like a bomb just dropped near me and I’m feeling the shockwave of it.

Latest happens to be part of a trio affecting the Pacific region. Seems to be some connection but. I couldn’t stay for the explanation.

Edit
They were showing something like this:
20180226_102335

Probably connected to global warming somehow.

I’m a light sleeper and got woken up.

So much for a good night’s sleep before the work week.

No worries, Wednesday is a holiday! :wink:

I was out on the Promenade Deck enjoying a high quality locally produced tobacco product when it hit. Once again, that weird starting with a sharp jolt.
Honestly felt like someone had kicked me in the stripey ass.

Whoa, Wed hollo totally slipped me mind. EXcellent!!

So today’s Thursday, tomorrow is Friday, Thursday is Monday and Friday, is, well Friday again. :banana::banana::banana:

1 Like