Especially bad weekend in BeiYi

Just to clarify, I mean last weekend, not this one. I’ve been told that there were like 3 or 4 motorcycle accidents in BeiYi and another one in the north coast, all with big motorcycles involved.

Big bikes are becoming incredibly popular nowadays, but it seems that although there is the money to buy them, there are no brains to handle them. Lots of rich kids wearing like Pedrosa and riding like reatarded assholes. Everywhere…

Something weird though. I went to BeiYi a few weekends ago and I felt like some of the curves are more tricky than what they used to be. True, I hadn’t ridden (raced) my motorcycles for a while and I could be out of shape, but I’ve done BeiYi countless times and I know it pretty well. In concrete I felt like some of the curves have somehow a bit less grip, their slopeness is now negative so because you are going slightly downhill you have to be extra carefull and you can’t lean as much as before. There were already a few of these corners before, but last time I rode there I felt this in more corners. I hope that my poor English was enough for making clear what I wanted to say :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway… to ride in Taiwan has been always dangerous, but it seems that things might be getting worse.

Last weekend a father and son went for a ride on big bikes. Son had no license and little experience. Son crashed into some old ladies on a scooter (undertaking a car) who had been out picking some veg and killed two out of three sisters. Just arseholes. I generally avoid that road in Sunday just rough as hell (the crash I described was somewhere on the north coast route).

did the son had a regular license ( < 250 cc)? I’m asking because I met a father and a son who were riding dirt bikes in BeiYi a few weeks ago. I even let the kid try my red plate in the parking space in front of the coffee shop where we were… I have a bad feeling now…

EDIT: it’s not them. i just talked to the kid, didn’t ask him directly but it seems he’s alright…

Incredible lack of pro-action by the police. They should have roadblocks and patrols the length of Beiyi. Its out of control up there. Monetary fines don’t really work cos these are rich c*nts obviously but they have to get in people’s faces and start impounding bikes or issuing bans.

2 Likes

I agree that there should be more action, and different kind of measures for dealing with this deadly problem, but police do act there. But yeah, not enough.

To impound bikes that ride recklessly sounds like a good idea, but if you think it twice you realize that it’s hard to draw a line between what’s admissible and what’s not. Also, do we set special rules only for BeiYi? do we extend them to number 3?

I would definitively increase the police presence in BeiYi over the weekend, but idiocy is all over the island really. I would make more strict rules re double yellow lines and reckless overtakes. But I would start to work out better driver minds from the beginning, at the learning centers. People need to see amputations, smashed bodies, beheaded riders, broken families and blood to understand what happens when you are an idiot, others are idiots, or you just have back luck.

Exactly. Accidents almost always happen, but where are the police?

A friend who used to travel through there often said, “Accidents are guaranteed to happen on BeiYi on the weekends, just a matter of when”

I’m curious, are the motorcyclists doing anything illegal besides speeding? I assume the speed limit is something around 40-50kmh, which are mostly guidelines, but any other laws they are breaking?

Motorcycles and cars and trucks, all of them, usually do not respect safety distances and double yellow lines. Cars and (blue) trucks do u turns in the most stupid places very often (like for example behind a blind curve).

I’m just watching TVBS right now and they said Beiyi - one weekend, 3 dead.

Watchin the news on Saturday, a Ducati hit a car on the coastal highway at Ilan - one dead. A Harley went into a concrete wall in a tunnel on the Su-Hua Highway, one dead.

So cops have other purposes, besides speeding, to be out there.

It’s another one of those “ma fan” because if the cops write tickets for one guy, they gotta deal with that one guy’s friends arguing they didn’t do anything wrong.

Is that last weekend or one week ago? if you are talking about two days ago and yesterday, then that means 7 or so dead in two consecutive weekends.

Photos:
http://m.appledaily.com.tw/realtimenews/article/new/20170408/1093714/

I don’t think that’s the problem. The problem is that there are just way too many people doing the same. The good thing is that most of the racing guys concentrate in 2 or 3 sections of that road, even if you can find assholes and idiots riding or driving it from Taipei to Jiaoxi.

The funny thing is that there IS a points system, at least in theory, but I don’t think it’s actually used at all. Weird. No points should mean no driving or riding, and if caught doing it, jail.

I have to assume it’s gotta be one of the problems. However, what the actual reason why cops aren’t out there preventing accidents, we’ll may never find out. I think we can both agree that most obvious reason is to just say cops think it’s too ma fan.

I must have misheard the news: it’s 3 in a week, not a weekend:

https://udn.com/news/story/7316/2392662

Here’s a mention of the case I mentioned.

Fucktards… now I remember that yesterday an idiot passed like a missile and way too close to me… on his racing machine.