Foreigner TV talents in Taiwan vs. Japan

I could apply that quote to the theater troupes in Chicago or the Emo music scene on Long Island or Popo.

How about, “TV in Taiwan just sucks more than from where I come from”?[/quote]

Yes, there are cliques, but OPPORTUNITIES exist for all, juxtaposed to here. dont’ give me the bogus “size” argument. It’a all about cliques here.

No, Taiwan TV SUCKS, period. Travel, dear. it opens the mind and exposes you to a greater realm of experience.

Decent foreign TV:
America (barely)
Japan
Hong Kong
England
Australia
Holland
Germany
Mexico
Canada
Singapore
Malaysia

Worst:
Taiwan
Phillipines

Almost the worst:
South Korea
Thailand
Egypt
South Africa

Try to become an entertainer here as a local. UNLIKE AMERICA - where there are a MYRIAD of opportunities, there are but three here:

1. Sleep your way to the top
  2. Be rich and pay your way in (ASOS: “Da S” and “Shiao S,” for example)
  3. Be part of the one of the 6 entertainment “Families.”

In America 1 and 2 are true, and there exists something like 3, but there is: make it on your own, like the Steppenwolf Theater in Chicago (formed by actors who wanted quality work and a place to do it - so they formed their own outfit), filmmakers like Kevin Smith (ugh) and Robert Rodriegez (ugh) who made their own damn movies and they were decent enough people fought for 'em to get major distribution - and htis goes for coutnless musicians too.

That’s the thing, here: there are almost no opportunities for someone to work their way to the top. Only the most gimmicky and obscure can find 15 minutes here (and die poor) like the “Kinmen King.”

There’s a reason you see the same 15 people on TV here, and it’s not because everybody loves 'em (they don’t have much choice).

I’d suggest adding salt before you further have to taste your foot you plant in your mouth on this thread.

Peace,

Joe