Forumosa entrepreneurship meeting Sunday April 16, 2006

Hey guys, good to meet up. Nice to meet llary up from Taichung and also to meet Merge for the first time.

Thanks everyone - I had a great time, and will be looking forward to the next meeting.

Just can say the same, really enjoyed the meeting yeasterday and to get know to some people. Looking forward to the next one.

Sorry I didn’t make it this time. I had to cover for a co-worker who left for early for the holidays. I’ll be there next time.

There will be a fair bit more content at the nex meet.

First of all, Traveller - who was unable to attend this time due to an emergency - has promised to talk about the freight/logistics side of importing/exporting.

Secondly, another distingiushed member will talk about his experience with his startup.

And to top it all off, those of us who wan to can go to an after-meet seminar with a Taiwanese/US CPA, who will answer all questions of how to register and run the accounting side of a company here. So stay tuned, the next meeting is going to be a killer.

So we better plan 12 hours than instead of 6 like this time. :wink:

Sounds great, is there already a idea of the date for the next one?

Tentatively set to Feb 25 or Feb 26.

sundays work best for me, however if a lot of people prefer saturday meets, then I am willing to go with that.

Can you explain the difference to a stupid Austrian?

For me saturday works better but sunday is not that big problem. In any case I have to see how things develop. Might be that I am in Europe or China/Pakistan at that time. But it’s gut to have a rough idea to adjust my plans.

Sorry to miss the meeting this time. Something happened and the synapses in my brain weren’t firing too well. It was 2pm when i realized there was somewhere I was supposed to be at 12. Hope to be there next time:(

Well, for future reference, then the meets usually last 2-3-4 hours, so if you are late, then just pop in, and it will be OK.

Saturdays are a work day for me so Sundays are much better for me. But I understand if it must be Saturday and will attend any portion that I can.

Is there going to be another soon? I think I finally have something worth talking about besides practicing Jujitsu of course.)

Count me in too. I’m just waiting for the announcement.

bump

Meeting up for Sunday noon - see announcement at top of thread for further info.

I thought it was a good little meeting today and look forward to the next ones.

For the next meeting if anyone has any expertise I would like to discuss the topics of raising money for new ventures and finding top notch Taiwanese employees. I could discuss my experiences with these but if anyone has a deep knowledge of these topics it may be good.

cheers,
David

Raising money - that’s a good one. Let’s see - do anyone know about a speaker?

And an announcement based on the decision reached on today’s meet - in the future all meetings will be at noon, the third Sunday every month, with the next meet being on March 19, the one after that on April 16, etc.

Hey folks, sorry I couldn’t make it today - in the middle of a project right now. I plan on being at the next meeting though!

See you then, mate!

Didn’t make it yesterday (hurt foot made me lazy :P.) But I’d like to be a presentor of sorts at the next one if that’s OK. It would be a brief introduction about Barter Exchanges (how they work and how they help business.) Then I’d want to spend a little time brainstorming about setting one up if possible.

I’ll make this “real deal” style with info packets for everyone and everything too :slight_smile:

There’s a reason that date looks so familiar, it’s the wifes birthday. Hmm wonder if she’d be up for a lunch at the place? I could get a table close to you guys and drift in and out… Think she’d notice?