Free admission to the National Palace Museum...but ARC holders excluded

The National Palace Museum offers free admission from 18:30 to 21:00 on Fridays and Saturdays, but only to ROC National ID card holders. I’m going to start a letter writing campaign to try to get this benefit extended to all residents, i.e. ARC/TARC holders. We pay taxes too so this policy is misguided. Any suggestions on carrying this out? And anyone interested in joining?

npm.gov.tw/en/Article.aspx?sNo=03000063

Fixed for you. Yes, get complaining. That’s a shocker.

If you are collecting signatures, count on mine.

Count me in

I will sign if there is a petition.

Count me in.

Wait a second. Does that mean I need to visit the NPM?

Guy

[quote=“afterspivak”]Count me in.

Wait a second. Does that mean I need to visit the NPM?

Guy[/quote]
No. None of us has done it or will ever do it. It’s just for fucking around.

actually I have visited it once, and I might do it again some time

actually I dont actually give a flying fart about going to see old items, historical or not.

But this is an outrage damnit and I’m outraged

How is that racist?

Xenophobic then. Better?

The link does not say only citizens get the discount. When I inquired 2 years aho arc holders were also eligible. Has anyone actually verified the op’s claim?

From their site;

By presenting the R.O.C. ID, R.O.C. Citizens may visit the exhibitions free-of-charge between 18:30 and 21:00 on Fridays and Saturdays.

Now I come to think… is it that terrible that a country offers deals like this to its citizens?

Amen! I was there about a year and a half ago and went in free with my APRC on whichever evening it was free admission. Someone should verify this in person before panties are knotted.

From their site;

By presenting the R.O.C. ID, R.O.C. Citizens may visit the exhibitions free-of-charge between 18:30 and 21:00 on Fridays and Saturdays.[/quote]

You just don’t understand Taiwan culture. :laughing:

Misinformation, omitted information and lack of clarity on a Taiwanese website? How can this be???

Who cares? We’re angry.

How is that not racist?

Who cares? We’re angry.[/quote]

Lol. Release the hounds.

Come on, this is the internet. You are supposed to never check the source, just join the hate-vagon.