Game of Thrones Discussion (may contain spoilers)

If you have seen this already, apologies.
http://geekxgirls.com/article.php?ID=7108&fbclid=IwAR1H4w1GYElVf0lydd0X9YS9e36WlyP1nLshupBixnck486s_sHyR97GpLQ

1 Like

No one can see too much of that!

Qmm6DiQ

4 Likes

Episode 2 was so slow. Get on with it already. It was obvious this was a tribute to almost all of the characters before many are killed off. The acting felt too forced and bland. The punchlines were predictable and thrown into an otherwise very drab episode.

Looking forward to some action.

2 Likes

I liked this episode a bit more than the first but, yeah, nothingā€™s happening yet. Should have edited these first two into one episode and thrown us right into the next episode. Considering how few episodes there are left, Iā€™m surprised theyā€™re wasting so much time.

Why do I have the feeling weā€™re going to get blueballed into oblivion by the undead army, as they turn away from Winterfell and head for Kingā€™s Landing in a subversion of expectations worthy of the Last Jedi?

1 Like

Iā€™m just curious as to how the f do they fit Kingā€™s Landing plot into all this. I assume The Battle of the Dead will last at least 80% of next weekā€™s episode, which does not leave that much time for Cersei.

1 Like

There was an episode in the past that was 100% set in one location. Was it maybe the battle of the bastards? Maybe theyā€™ll do something like that.

Jon Snow hosted Saturday Night Live (SNL) US TV show recently.. Wasnā€™t really expecting that but it makes sense.

Iā€™m glad you used the spoiler tag.
Not everybody wants to know those details!

Die on GoT and you die in RL

20190423_215029

6 Likes

Bets are on

Honestly, I think more from the first line will dieā€¦

3 Likes

I donā€™t think the big battle will happen in episode 3. I think they will milk it as long as they can. My guess is that episode 3 will see more of Kings Landing and Cercei. She wasnā€™t in episode 2. Might see some stuff through Branā€™s mind etc. But the big battleā€¦not yet.

The dragons are obviously going to play a big role in the up coming fight, so I donā€™t think Daenerys Targaryen would survive.

If I have to guess who survives, I think the one who can recall all the events would likely be the one that lives to tell the Song of Ice and Fire.

The probable candidates are:

Samwell Tarly - Seems to be going down that historian path. Lived through a lot of events with Jon Snow and read and studied many more back stories at the citadel.

Tyrion Lannister - He was there when everything started. Tyrion is one of the few thatā€™s been important both in Westeros and Essos. He lived through important battles, and is close to most major players. He also likes to hear others stories.

Bran Stark - He literally sees everything without needing to be there.

Outside of these three, I donā€™t thing anyone would survive.

1 Like

I would bet on 2 out of those 3 to die soon. Especially the witnesses. That way even if Dabnny survives, there will be greter tension between her and Jon.

Disclaimer: I catch up at lunch time.

Will watch it tonight.

I am thinking the Night King will take his dragon south to Kings Landing and torch the capital. Cersei may or may not dieā€¦probably not because she needs to have a showdown with either of her brothers. I am guessing she will not die in the torching of the city.

I also think the Night King may set out after the Golden Fleet to torch the ships. Ships are the only way anyone can escape Westeros. Can the dead walk under the sea to the islands?

I think the army of the dead at Winterfell is just a diversion or delay tactic.

I do hope there is some kind of scenario down the road where the whole KingĀ“s Landing goes up in flames, hopefully to kill the white walkers, and not just the millions inside of it.

Long ass episode. I wonā€™t say much since nobody seems to have gotten to it yet, but I will sayā€¦ still a little disappointed. It is a step up, mind you, and thereā€™s a lot of great stuff in there. Plus Iā€™m interested to see what happens from here. Unfortunately, I donā€™t see there being many surprises after this. Itā€™s weird how they can just close a major story arc in one episode.

2 Likes

Furiously Googling: how to adjust the blacks on tv screen before watching this episode tonight.