Gay rights and homophobia

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”]Is Chris Rock a Republican?
[/quote]

Uh, no, he’s a black man, dingus. :loco:[/quote]

republicans fought to end slavery, while democrats died to defend it.

Martin Luther King was a Republican not a Democrat, Mr. Holmes.[/quote]

I just quoted Chris Rock, Forrest, I got no part with either your gun rack totin’, clinic explodin’, sister impregnatin’, Intelligent Design promotin’, Dennis Fucking Miller laughin’ at Weeniepublicans OR your triple flushin’, Prius boastin’ about, religion despisin’, Hamas blowjobbin’, man hatin’, soy fuckin bacon eatin’ Democrappers.
The whole lot of you yahoos could disappear up each other’s fructose grown, Charmin pampered backsides and I wouldn’t miss you for a second.
Your fuckin country, your fuckin problem.[/quote]

Not a big fan of world history are ya? :laughing:

[quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”]Is Chris Rock a Republican?[/quote]Uh, no, he’s a black man, dingus. :loco:[/quote]republicans fought to end slavery, while democrats died to defend it.
Martin Luther King was a Republican not a Democrat, Mr. Holmes.[/quote]I just quoted Chris Rock, Forrest, I got no part with either your gun rack totin’, clinic explodin’, sister impregnatin’, Intelligent Design promotin’, Dennis Fucking Miller laughin’ at Weeniepublicans OR your triple flushin’, Prius boastin’ about, religion despisin’, Hamas blowjobbin’, man hatin’, soy fuckin bacon eatin’ Democrappers.
The whole lot of you yahoos could disappear up each other’s fructose grown, Charmin pampered backsides and I wouldn’t miss you for a second.
Your fuckin country, your fuckin problem.[/quote]Not a big fan of world history are ya? :laughing:[/quote]I am, but I’m not a fan of people who try to rewrite it. Fact is, both parties had people who fought for desegregation and against slavery. Neither party was innocent when it came to segregation of schools. You might try to read history that is not written by partisans from either party.

But this thread is about gay rights and homophobia. It’s the Christian right wing of the Republican party that supports anti-gay laws. If the Republicans could get rid of the religious nutters, they would be a party I could support on many issues. As of now, they are being run by people who think that the US is a Christian country…and a certain brand of Christian at that.

We don’t need to look at history, we just need to look at the current political environment. The Republican party has become the party of hate over the last 30 years.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”]Is Chris Rock a Republican?
[/quote]

Uh, no, he’s a black man, dingus. :loco:[/quote]

republicans fought to end slavery, while democrats died to defend it.

Martin Luther King was a Republican not a Democrat, Mr. Holmes.[/quote]

I just quoted Chris Rock, Forrest, I got no part with either your gun rack totin’, clinic explodin’, sister impregnatin’, Intelligent Design promotin’, Dennis Fucking Miller laughin’ at Weeniepublicans OR your triple flushin’, Prius boastin’ about, religion despisin’, Hamas blowjobbin’, man hatin’, soy fuckin bacon eatin’ Democrappers.
Your fuckin country, your fuckin problem.[/quote]

A++

[quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”]Is Chris Rock a Republican?[/quote]Uh, no, he’s a black man, dingus. :loco:[/quote]republicans fought to end slavery, while democrats died to defend it.
Martin Luther King was a Republican not a Democrat, Mr. Holmes.[/quote]I just quoted Chris Rock, Forrest, I got no part with either your gun rack totin’, clinic explodin’, sister impregnatin’, Intelligent Design promotin’, Dennis Fucking Miller laughin’ at Weeniepublicans OR your triple flushin’, Prius boastin’ about, religion despisin’, Hamas blowjobbin’, man hatin’, soy fuckin bacon eatin’ Democrappers.
Your fuckin country, your fuckin problem.[/quote]Not a big fan of world history are ya? :laughing:[/quote]I am, but I’m not a fan of people who try to rewrite it.[/quote]

I said “Martin Luther King was a Republican not a Democrat”… how is that rewriting history?

don’t shoot the messenger. read the facts.

It is unknown whether MLK was a Democrat or a Republican, and he endorsed neither party. He was spreading his message of racial equality at a time both before and after the segregationist Dixiecrats fled the Dems and joined the Repubs.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if he were a Republican before 1964, given that Alabama was a Dixiecrat stronghold. But the ideas MLK endorsed are much more in line with the modern-day (post-1964) Democratic Party.

Republicans were a different animal in the olden days. In the 1860s they were the liberals. Their opposition to slavery? A liberal idea. Teddy Roosevelt’s environmentalism and trust busting? Eisenhower’s warning about the Military Industrial Complex? Liberal ideas. After WWI they began to mutate with regard to fiscal policy, and their incompetence led to the Great Depression. Then their social policies began to change, and become more conservative. After 1965, they did things like employ the Southern Strategy, and in the 1970s they started opposing reproductive freedom, and embracing the Religious Reich. Their journey toward the Dark Side was complete.

There are no facts that support King being a Republican or a Democrat. He never endorsed a candidate. No one has his voter registration. Not one shred of evidence exists. You are calling people making shit up evidence. Don’t post stupid stuff here…open your own thread if you really feel the need to argue MLK Jr. was a Republican-I’m sure you could find a few idiots to blindly follow along.

[quote=“MLK in his autobiography”]The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

It was both unfortunate and disastrous that the Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater as its candidate for President of the United States. In foreign policy Mr. Goldwater advocated a narrow nationalism, a crippling isolationism, and a trigger-happy attitude that could plunge the whole world into the dark abyss of annihilation. On social and economic issues, Mr. Goldwater represented an unrealistic conservatism that was totally out of touch with the realities of the twentieth century. The issue of poverty compelled the attention of all citizens of our country. Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal.[/quote]

You also listed a long list of democrats who supported segregation policies, but left out the equally long list of Republicans who did so as well-you’re cherry picking. Could it be you are just selectively picking pieces of history to try to cover up the fact that it is the Republican party who uses ignorance and bigotry to get the vote out? Are you so blinded by your interpretation of history that you don’t see the Republicans lost the black community more than 35 years ago, a trend that only increases?

We only need to look at the present to see which party gets the bigot vote these days. Go play crazy somewhere else, unless you have something to add to this thread.

[quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”]Is Chris Rock a Republican?[/quote]Uh, no, he’s a black man, dingus. :loco:[/quote]republicans fought to end slavery, while democrats died to defend it.
Your fuckin country, your fuckin problem.[/quote]Not a big fan of world history are ya? :laughing:[/quote]I am, but I’m not a fan of people who try to rewrite it.[/quote]

I said “Martin Luther King was a Republican not a Democrat”… how is that rewriting history?

don’t shoot the messenger. read the facts.[/quote]

[quote=“TaipeiD”]
* Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end it.
* Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
* Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect slavery.
* Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand slavery.
* Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
* Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
* Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
* Democrat S … blah blah blah.[/quote]

Hmmmm… anything in there from AFTER 1965???

Nope? Sorry, but your list doesn’t amount to a hill of beans with regard to the modern Democratic Party. You’re listing examples of when the Dems were the conservatives.

Oh, I forgot this part:

[quote=“MLK Jr”]In the light of these facts and because of my love for America, I had no alternative but to urge every Negro and white person of goodwill to vote against Mr. Goldwater and to withdraw support from any Republican candidate that did not publicly disassociate himself from Senator Goldwater and his philosophy.

While I had followed a policy of not endorsing political candidates, I felt that the prospect of Senator Goldwater being President of the United States so threatened the health, morality, and survival of our nation, that I could not in good conscience fail to take a stand against what he represented.[/quote]
How are you going to twist this up to say that MLK Jr. was a Republican?
The only time he was involved in politics was to urge people to NOT vote Republican, lol.

Still want to follow the Glenn Beck school of stupidity?

[quote=“suiyuan31”]There are no facts that support King being a Republican or a Democrat. He never endorsed a candidate. No one has his voter registration. Not one shred of evidence exists. You are calling people making shit up evidence. Don’t post stupid stuff here…open your own thread if you really feel the need to argue MLK Jr. was a Republican-I’m sure you could find a few idiots to blindly follow along.

[quote=“MLK in his autobiography”]The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism. All people of goodwill viewed with alarm and concern the frenzied wedding at the Cow Palace of the KKK with the radical right. The “best man” at this ceremony was a senator whose voting record, philosophy, and program were anathema to all the hard-won achievements of the past decade.

It was both unfortunate and disastrous that the Republican Party nominated Barry Goldwater as its candidate for President of the United States. In foreign policy Mr. Goldwater advocated a narrow nationalism, a crippling isolationism, and a trigger-happy attitude that could plunge the whole world into the dark abyss of annihilation. On social and economic issues, Mr. Goldwater represented an unrealistic conservatism that was totally out of touch with the realities of the twentieth century. The issue of poverty compelled the attention of all citizens of our country. Senator Goldwater had neither the concern nor the comprehension necessary to grapple with this problem of poverty in the fashion that the historical moment dictated. On the urgent issue of civil rights, Senator Goldwater represented a philosophy that was morally indefensible and socially suicidal.[/quote]

You also listed a long list of democrats who supported segregation policies, but left out the equally long list of Republicans who did so as well-you’re cherry picking. Could it be you are just selectively picking pieces of history to try to cover up the fact that it is the Republican party who uses ignorance and bigotry to get the vote out? Are you so blinded by your interpretation of history that you don’t see the Republicans lost the black community more than 35 years ago, a trend that only increases?
[/quote]

I did not mention segregation at all. I specifically said slavery and the reason why the Republican party was founded to oppose it. The historical context of the republican and democrat parties are not to be forgotten.

Are you denying the fact that there are black republicans today? are you calling these blacks bigots to their own race?

Historical context: in the 1860s, the Republicans were the liberals.

Historical context: in the 1860s, the Republicans were the liberals.[/quote]

By 1910, the democrats delcared progressivism.

Are you a big fan of Woodrow Wilson?

[quote=“TaipeiD”]I did not mention segregation at all. I specifically said slavery and the reason why the Republican party was founded to oppose it. The historical context of the republican and democrat parties are not to be forgotten.[/quote]That the Republican party was founded to oppose slavery is about as sound a historical argument as MLK Jr. was a Republican. I’m much more concerned with what the current parties believe-neither party is today what is was, which is too bad in the case of the Republicans.

[quote]Are you denying the fact that there are black republicans today? are you calling these blacks bigots to their own race?[/quote]I think the answer to that is obvious if you go back and read what I wrote. I never said Republicans are all bigots, but that they count on the vote of bigots-a rather big distinction. Don’t try to worm out of how silly you look in your previous posts by putting words in my mouth.

[quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”]I did not mention segregation at all. I specifically said slavery and the reason why the Republican party was founded to oppose it. The historical context of the republican and democrat parties are not to be forgotten.[/quote]That the Republican party was founded to oppose slavery is about as sound a historical argument as MLK Jr. was a Republican. I’m much more concerned with what the current parties believe-neither party is today what is was, which is too bad in the case of the Republicans.

That’s wrong. Republicans don’t count on the votes of bigots. They count on the votes of americans who are tired of big government and big government spending. That’s exactly why Americans voted to boot a vast number of democrats out of Congress on November 2, 2010.

Don’t try to weasle out of your ad homiem remarks.

[quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”]I did not mention segregation at all. I specifically said slavery and the reason why the Republican party was founded to oppose it. The historical context of the republican and democrat parties are not to be forgotten.[/quote]That the Republican party was founded to oppose slavery is about as sound a historical argument as MLK Jr. was a Republican. I’m much more concerned with what the current parties believe-neither party is today what is was, which is too bad in the case of the Republicans.

That’s wrong. Republicans don’t count on the votes of bigots. They count on the votes of Americans who are tired of big government and big government spending. That’s exactly why Americans voted to boot a vast number of democrats out of Congress on November 2, 2010.[/quote]Why are you Republicans so defensive after having won? It’s weird…

And just out of curiosity, are you yet willing to admit you were completely wrong about saying Martin L. King Jr. was a Republican? You were so blatantly wrong I find it interesting that you are ignoring the facts that you insisted I go and check out. When presented with those facts, you bring up other ridiculous issues…I don’t have time to go and fact check all of your nonsense…care to tackle one at a time?

[quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”]I did not mention segregation at all. I specifically said slavery and the reason why the Republican party was founded to oppose it. The historical context of the republican and democrat parties are not to be forgotten.[/quote]That the Republican party was founded to oppose slavery is about as sound a historical argument as MLK Jr. was a Republican. I’m much more concerned with what the current parties believe-neither party is today what is was, which is too bad in the case of the Republicans.

That’s wrong. Republicans don’t count on the votes of bigots. They count on the votes of Americans who are tired of big government and big government spending. That’s exactly why Americans voted to boot a vast number of democrats out of Congress on November 2, 2010.[/quote]Why are you Republicans so defensive after having won? It’s weird…

And just out of curiosity, are you yet willing to admit you were completely wrong about saying Martin L. King Jr. was a Republican? You were so blatantly wrong I find it interesting that you are ignoring the facts that you insisted I go and check out. When presented with those facts, you bring up other ridiculous issues…I don’t have time to go and fact check all of your nonsense…care to tackle one at a time?[/quote]

You brought up the “fact” that MLK called for a vote against Goldwater (who made a pact with the Dixiecrats). It’s like saying Ron Paul is not a Republican because his opinion of the federal reserve is not shared by McCain, when in fact they both are Republicans.

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”][quote=“suiyuan31”][quote=“TaipeiD”]I did not mention segregation at all. I specifically said slavery and the reason why the Republican party was founded to oppose it. The historical context of the republican and democrat parties are not to be forgotten.[/quote]That the Republican party was founded to oppose slavery is about as sound a historical argument as MLK Jr. was a Republican. I’m much more concerned with what the current parties believe-neither party is today what is was, which is too bad in the case of the Republicans.

And just out of curiosity, are you yet willing to admit you were completely wrong about saying Martin L. King Jr. was a Republican? You were so blatantly wrong I find it interesting that you are ignoring the facts that you insisted I go and check out. When presented with those facts, you bring up other ridiculous issues…I don’t have time to go and fact check all of your nonsense…care to tackle one at a time?[/quote]

You brought up the “fact” that MLK called for a vote against Goldwater (who made a pact with the Dixiecrats). It’s like saying Ron Paul is not a Republican because his opinion of the federal reserve is not shared by McCain, when in fact they both are Republicans.[/quote]

Dude, is someone paying you to post stupid, or is this all volunteer work???[/quote]
Seriously, TD…if this is the best you can come up with, it’s not worth my time. Pathetic.
This quote by MLK pretty much sums up my feeling on all you have said, and on my claim that Republicans need the bigot vote:

That’s how I feel about the modern Republican Party. While most Republicans I know personally are not racists, and people like GW Bush and his cabinet certainly weren’t racists, the party still has a tendency to lower itself toward pandering to racial fears (think of the Sharron Angle ads with “scary brown people” crossing the border). Oh, and the party’s most vocal and faithful advocate, Rush Limbaugh, is an unabashed racist.

Seems like time to revive this

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Don’t miss all the beautiful colors of the rainbow looking for that pot of gold.

1 Like

I don`t know why people assume left wing people are not homophobic. Most homophobic ethnic group? African American men – who vote heavily Democratic. Most homophobic province in Canada? Saskatchewan by far. And the birthplace of North American socialism…just saying. :laughing:

1 Like