Gold panning or metal detecting?

hi there, i have been last week prospecting with my metal detector in a couple of places and that was great fun. any one interested by doing so, let me know.
i should make a quick trip not too far from taipei, along the keelung river if someone is interested…

I hope you sold the Gold last week !!! :popcorn:

better to keep it for the moment, but no big found yet

finally got my first gold find… was super exciting. cleaning my quartz block in order to reveal the gold then i post the photos… woup woop

photos available on the website below…

Did you get your metal detector here locally or import/bring with you?? I’ve always been interested.

[quote=“brobronek”]finally got my first gold find… was super exciting. cleaning my quartz block in order to reveal the gold then i post the photos… woup woop

photos available on the website below…[/quote]

I’ve send you a PM through your website ! Also reopened the “taiwan’s lost gold” thread this morning , covering the area you prospected.

cjc444, local prices of detectors are too crazy. I am ordering my Garrett AT Pro this weekend. Let me know if you would consider joint order for import !
Chris

Hi Chris, ahhhhh at least another explorer. That is great man. I have received ur email and u have an answer . But for the import I have all what I need. Thanks again

I bought my machine online… U will find more details on my website. Cheers

Great ! I’ll follow-up on the email.Thanks !
( :laughing: the offer to support overseas order / delivery was for cjc444 in case he would consider starting / as me.
I nearly got a heart-attack when looking at the prizes on tw.yahoo.bid. - Hence - it looks like some foreigners could revolutionize prospeting here as making some decent bucks on Importing hehe.
I decided to go for the Garrett AT Pro, buying from Amazon and shipping through Comgateway with other stuff
Both Ace 150/250 look OK but limited . The AT could be well complimentary vs. your Goldbug :thumbsup: You dig gold, I take care of the Taiwan Beer caps :bow:

Let look both for some treasure. Still waiting for ur email and we should meet up sometimes to discuss about a day out

I am not sure, but think to remember that this is not legal in Taiwan.
I remember a case in the media where someone found some valuable gem and was sued for selling it.

By the way if it’s legal, my wife is standing next to me and wants to go looking for gold.

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]I am not sure, but think to remember that this is not legal in Taiwan.
[/quote]

there is NO LAW against prospecting with a metal detector… what is illegal is going inside closed mine, the use of heavy machinery to extract stuff,change the way a river run in order to exctract gold… in another register dumping the bins in rivers etc…(i will not blame people in small village as they do not have the choice and if it was me living there, i dont know how long i will keep my bin before it is collected…) but as far as i know, taiwanese have been panning for gold for hundreds of years and still do so now… iam talking about the old generation. as we all know, young generations are using both arms just to use iphone/htc/samsung mobile… ktv karaoke etc… so no there is no law against metal detecting.
dont get me wrong, iam generalising… not all taiwanese are like what i describe

[quote=“Hamletintaiwan”]

I remember a case in the media where someone found some valuable gem and was sued for selling it…[/quote]
i think that you should make a research on what a metal detector can do because that will not help you or anyone to find gems.
:no-no:

a small word for ur wife: "do you really think that buying a MD will help you find gold? and how many time will you crouch to digg the ground and finding trash stuff? how many hours under the sun? what about stray dogs, snakes maybe insects? :popcorn:

in my experience, i digg for a lot of trash and have many blank days… I keep all the nails, bottlescaps, ferrous object and carry them until my home in taipei where i bin them (hoping that the recycling truck do really a recycling job)…but that is what i like. i love being in the nature, enjoying what is the cheapest thing on earth. A VIEW/ A LANDSCAPE while doing my stuff. MD is not for everyone and when discoveries are made it always attract haters… but that is human nature unfortunately, and i accept it and respect it.

ps: let me know if u still want to buy a MD :liar: so we can go all together in some crazy places :slight_smile:

Hey Guys!
I am also a metal detectorist, I live in Taichung right now where I hunt local parks with my Tesoro Vaquero, I would like to take it out for some prospecting also (Its not specifically a gold machine but with manual ground balance it can be used anywhere basically)

So if anyone here is interested in doing some metal detecting together it would be lots of fun, we could trade experiences and knowledge, or even organize a prospecting trip…

I have another detector, a Garret ace 250 in Germany but I will get it to Taiwan when I fly back for visit in June so if anybody doesn`t have a detector,from June on I could lend / sell them that detector which is a great starting machine…

Hope to hear from anyone, just PM me or post a response!!!

Benjamin

[quote=“ceevee369”][quote=“brobronek”]finally got my first gold find… was super exciting. cleaning my quartz block in order to reveal the gold then i post the photos… woup woop

photos available on the website below…[/quote]

I’ve send you a PM through your website ! Also reopened the “Taiwan’s lost gold” thread this morning , covering the area you prospected.

cjc444, local prices of detectors are too crazy. I am ordering my Garrett AT Pro this weekend. Let me know if you would consider joint order for import !
Chris[/quote]

I’m interested in the “Taiwan’s Lost Gold” thread you mentioned but can’t find it here on the Forum. Any possible link? Also, where is the best place to go gold panning around Juifen? I see there are some tours, but I’m really only interested in the gold panning and not the other stuff and don’t want to pay for it either.

winter is here but we are having 4 sunny days the upcoming week.
i will take a day or two for prospecting. if any crazy one is up for the challenge. let me know.
will be sniping even if right now the water temperature is around 15 degree i believe.

Do you guys find gold often? I would think that it’s more for the hell of it, no?

A ring made of gold you find yourself should be something.

I have been sniping quiete often the last 9 months and what I can say is that I never go back home empty handed. Some find more than others. It is all about patience ( gold is where it is, there is no secret on that), strength (moving some boulders requires some raw strengths), and endurance ( I can stay easily 6 to 8 hours in the water), technique, knowledge ( Google, YouTube, books, manuscripts etc…) fun and nature. I went with different friends who all dreamed on finding the mother lode, 95% give up after a couple of trip thinking we are going to pick up cherries. Some pan, others sluice, WE (3 to 6 at max) snip. Being so concentrated under water is my meditation time, relaxing and escaping the city. It is not for everyone.

Wauww, sounds good.

anyone up for some sniping this coming saturday?
followed by some english premier league football?

Hi - I know this is an old post - but I wanted to ask if you had ever brought over your Garrett 250? If so - Are you willing to sell it?