Helping unemployed foreigners in Taiwan find work

I thought I would start a thread about helping unemployed foreigners find remote work.

Feel free to share your experiences and ideas on starting businesses and finding work. (Non teaching related.)

One thing my girlfriend and I have been doing with LinkedIn is started a social media marketing business. She has employees in the Philippines and essentially outsources marketing tasks for businesses in UK, Aus, US and Canada.

Feel free to ask questions or post suggestions on other ways to make money online.

I want to also tag some successful entrepreneur (freelance) forumosans: Feel free to share any suggestions
@Satellite_TV
@jimbob132
@Mataiou

Any others? Please tag

7 Likes

Such a sweet thing. Taiwanese helping foreigners to find useful employment.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve found most foreigners on here and in person clam up when asked what they do. I figure people donā€™t want competition in their space. Same on all the other expat sites

2 Likes

Thatā€™s OK. Many people think they know what I do. Then they think I went out of business simply because I moved out of Taipei. They assumed that since IPTV came along I would be out of business. I have been supplying IPTV services since 2008 lol. They still donā€™t get it that IPTV still relies on satellites as well.

5 Likes

All those dang professional clam fishers.

4 Likes

The bearded variety?

5 Likes

The bearded variety are harder to help lol

2 Likes

The pulsating and bearded variety!

1 Like

Job fair aimed at foreign talents here:

2 Likes

Hereā€™s your great opportunity to meet top-rated Taiwanese enterprises at the One-on-One Recruitment Interviews for International Talents by Contact TAIWAN, the national networking platform that seeks talented professionals worldwide to work in Taiwan.
Taipei
4/18(四)
13:30~17:10
Taipei International Convention Center

Hsinchu
5/30(四)
čÆéŗ—é¢Øé‡‡å®“ęœƒé¤Ø
(6F, No. 245, Zhongzheng Rd., North Dist., Hsinchu City)

Taichung
6/19(äø‰)
Evergreen Laurel Hotel

Tainan
10/3(四)
Academy Hotel

You will be able to meet and interview with Taiwanese enterprises from a wide range of industries interested in recruiting talent from all over the world. A variety of job opportunities are offered, including in marketing, finance, sales, engineering, PR and the manufacturing departments.

3 Likes

I will check this out. Last time I went to a ā€œforeignerā€ job fair in Taipei, (which was with you, lol) most of the ā€œforeignersā€ where from Yilan, or Taoyuan.

1 Like

How was the job fair? Anything worthwhile?

What is worthwhile? Better to have employment than remain unemployed yes?

If itā€™s a shitty job I would hard pass unless I was starving. Thatā€™s the nice part of having a chunk of savings; you donā€™t need to accept crap with a smile.

1 Like