House of Cards

Guilty of completing season 3 binge watch. Anybody else?

I gave up after 2 seasons. I found it a little insipid. The plot hangs on the completely unfeasible planning of Spacey’s character. The British original at least made sense as toppling the government is possible in a parliamentary system.

I agree. The writing was boring, but Spacey was great. I was wondering whether Americans might be more into it than waiguoren, because they’d be more interested in and knowledgeable about the politics and systems.

S1 was great, S2 had times that were pretty decent, S3 had good moments, but few and far between. A lot of nothing happening basically. Although to be honest, the set up for S4 could have potential.

Kevin Spacey as usual was a joy to watch. As was Robin Wright.

It just started running this afternoon on RTL-CBS on MOD. Season 3 marathonwatch.

HOC? Let me know what you think

I really felt this was disappointing. It was great until it became so sensationalized with deaths and stuff.

It’s just boring and unbelievable at this part. Spacey is great, but the whole situation just feels forced.

I just finished watching it and all I can say is it is bad. The season started off ok, but went to complete and utter trash. Frank Underwood gets morals and old disqualified talking points get tossed out. I want my 13 hours back…

How would you get access to it?

Another American, I found the show boring and contrived, and gave up halfway through the first season. Unlike most, it seems, I’m not a Kevin Spacey fan either (although The Usual Suspects is a classic). His hambone acting style is much better suited to the stage than the large or small screen. Even pop trash like Scandal is more watchable than this show.

Just down-steal it off the Internet, duh…

Netflix

I think a huge chunk of the problem is that for most of the duration they are setting up for S4.

Robin Wright (Claire Underwood) on the other hand, scored slightly better material to work with than Spacey this season.

I just started watching the first season. There first 5 episodes are entertaining and even funny. Does it get worse?

As much as I wanted to like it, I could just never get into House of Cards. I blame it mostly on Kevin Spacey’s ham bone theatrical-style overacting. It works great for some roles, but not for something that’s supposed to be a serious political drama.