How can we improve the image of English teachers in Asia?

No, Oprah is rewarding people who turn in information about pedophiles to the FBI or police,with her own money. She does shows about where they were last seen and what they did. Check her website for more information. It really goes into detail about it because she’s sooo serious about this situation.[/quote]

Good on Oprah… :bravo: If only more people were as proactive as she is the world would be a better place.

[quote]Location // Year // No. of men who showed up
Outside NYC-area // 2004 // 18 men in 2 1/2 days
Washington D.C. suburb // 2005 // 19 men in 3 days
Southern California // 2006 // 50 men in 3 days
Greenville, Ohio // 2006 // 18 men in 3 days
Ft. Myers, Florida // 2006 // 24 men in 3 days[/quote]
Holy Christ! :astonished: :astonished: :astonished:

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”] Solly SKOP, you caught me, I wasn’t advocating a preventative cure for pedophillia, although elsewhere has since given me an idea*. I meant pre-saging (is that like one of them new wanker words?) the media. Buxi damage control if you will.

• And here’s the idea!!! Take a kiddie to dinner then go home alone and give it a tug! Brilliant, innit? Thanks possums!

HG[/quote]

Ha… Busted again HG :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But seriously you’re background with dealing with mentally ill persons is much better than mine.

I only got to visit them after they went troppo.

Question? Is being a Ped a mental illness or is it a natural state? Let’s say we accept gays now as being naturally that way. How do we know Peds also aren’t just that way? Each to their own fetish?

The modern world with it’s hysterical mass media isnt helping either. We need to get somne solid research done into the mind of a Ped. I mean serial killers get researched all the time. Why not Pedo’s?

No cure for being a natural born killer 'cept the chair, the bullet, or relaxing lethal injection. I prefer tossing people outta a choppa from 4000 feet but the PC people claim it’s cruel and unusual punishment.

But I really think we should bring back the public executions. Methods of death by hanging, burning, heads chopped off, and being eaten alive by crocodiles should all be re-instated.

Or as Kenney Everett used to say
“Round 'em all up, put 'em in a field, and bomb the bastards”

No, Oprah is rewarding people who turn in information about pedophiles to the FBI or police,with her own money. She does shows about where they were last seen and what they did. Check her website for more information. It really goes into detail about it because she’s sooo serious about this situation.[/quote]

Good on Oprah… :bravo: If only more people were as proactive as she is the world would be a better place.[/quote]

Really question how proactive it is. While it does bring the situation to the forefront of issues in America, is this action really helping America deal with the situation or see men more as a threat? IMO, I think it’s a witch hunt on her part. I’ve seen a couple of shows, and they were so glossy/superficial that I fear that it played more on the idea as “man as an enemy”

[quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”][quote=“Huang Guang Chen”] Solly SKOP, you caught me, I wasn’t advocating a preventative cure for pedophillia, although elsewhere has since given me an idea*. I meant pre-saging (is that like one of them new wanker words?) the media. Buxi damage control if you will.

• And here’s the idea!!! Take a kiddie to dinner then go home alone and give it a tug! Brilliant, innit? Thanks possums!

HG[/quote]

Ha… Busted again HG :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

But seriously you’re background with dealing with mentally ill persons is much better than mine.

I only got to visit them after they went troppo.

Question? Is being a Ped a mental illness or is it a natural state? Let’s say we accept gays now as being naturally that way. How do we know Peds also aren’t just that way? Each to their own fetish?

The modern world with it’s hysterical mass media isnt helping either. We need to get somne solid research done into the mind of a Ped. I mean serial killers get researched all the time. Why not Pedo’s?

No cure for being a natural born killer 'cept the chair, the bullet, or relaxing lethal injection. I prefer tossing people outta a choppa from 4000 feet but the PC people claim it’s cruel and unusual punishment.

But I really think we should bring back the public executions. Methods of death by hanging, burning, heads chopped off, and being eaten alive by crocodiles should all be re-instated.[/quote]

Oh those damned softies. If you promise to drop them from 1,000 feet, although less satisfying for the crew, does reduce the cruel and unusual by three quarters! There’s a solid argument right there! :laughing:

As for pederists (I loathe that word almost as much as temblor, which frankly I miss. There’s not enough talk of temblors in HK), actually, I did meet one chap, professionally, that had fiddled oodles of kiddlies, boys mostly, he was on remand assessment at the psychiatric unit where I worked. At first I loathed him. he did indeed “look like a ped”, much like that strange chap recently arrested in Thailand. I eventually got a grip of my professional side and spent quite sometime chatting with him. Eventually I came to the conclusion it was an illness, a compulsion. However, the trick cyclists thought otherwise and suggested to the courts he was fit to stand. He went down to the rock spidery for seven years, from memory.

Some standard treatment approaches include chemical castration, and no, SKOP, that doesn’t mean sulphuric acid to the knob and balls, as pleasing as that maybe. Others include behavioural methods not too dissimilar to what our man endured in A clockword orange.

[quote]The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (F65.4) defines pedophilia as “a sexual preference for children, boys or girls or both, usually of prepubertal or early pubertal age.”

The APA’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders 4th edition, Text Revision gives the following as its “Diagnostic criteria for 302.2 Pedophilia”:

Over a period of at least 6 months, recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving sexual activity with a prepubescent child or children (generally age 13 years or younger).
The person has acted on these urges, or the sexual urges or fantasies cause marked distress or interpersonal difficulty.
The person is at least age 16 years and at least 5 years older than the child or children in Criterion A.
Note: Do not include an individual in late adolescence involved in an ongoing sexual relationship with a 12 or 13-year-old.
The actual boundaries between childhood and adolescence may vary in individual cases and are difficult to define in rigid terms of age. The World Health Organization, for instance, defines adolescence as the period of life between 10 and 19 years of age, though it is most often defined as the period of life between the ages of 13 and 18.

The APA diagnostic criteria do not require actual sexual activity with a child. The diagnosis can therefore be made based on the presence of fantasies or sexual urges alone, provided the subject meets the remaining criteria.[/quote]

Bear in mind that the The International Statistical Classification of Diseases also classifies homosexuality, or did, as a disease.

HG

[quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”]
But I really think we should bring back the public executions. Methods of death by hanging, burning, heads chopped off, and being eaten alive by crocodiles should all be re-instated.[/quote]

Because we can all see the far reaching benefits of capital punishment. Just look at America!

I say there are other options.

1. Cheap option: Brand them across the forehead with “PEDA”. That way children can be taught to stay away

2. Mid-priced option: Chemical castration. Once u remove the urge, the offending stops.

3. High-priced option: GPS tracker installed. In this way it would be much more difficult to offend and not get caught.

Of course a combination of all 3 would probably be best.

[quote=“Tyc00n”]
Mid-priced option: Chemical castration. Once u remove the urge, the offending stops. [/quote]

No it doesn’t, repeaters are common among the chemically neutered, alas. As is often said about rape, the sex act often has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with power and violence. By the way, I was involved in a chemical castration program among patients at that hospital, erh, handing out the lollies, not taking them. Creepiest thing in the world to see is the flash of obvious desire across the face of a convicted and supposedly neutered paedophile.

HG

Here’s a guy who used to teach kiddies in Taipei:
Forshee is a psychologist and is studying in Shenzhen for his thesis and research work.Police said on March 9, Forshee, holding a beer can in one hand, pulled Guo’s shirt with one of his fingers to look at her breasts while on a bus in Shenzhen.
http://english.people.com.cn/200203/21/eng20020321_92525.shtml
Suddenly the American stood up, held the woman’s blouse at the chest, and looked inside. “I am American,” he said. “What can you do to me if I kill you?”
http://app1.chinadaily.com.cn/star/2002/0314/fo8-1.html

In my view there seem to be more paedophiles per "foreign head’ in Taiwan than there are per head back home in the UK, proportionately speaking.
Agreed, the vast majority of foreigners here are very decent people, but the percentage of sex feinds here is very high compared to back home. There certainly is a cluster of paedophiles here from a variety of foreign countries and they even have a network.

I have no statistics - there aren’t any as far as I know of but I think it is a very pressing problem in Taiwan.

[quote=“sjcma”]From NBC’s own website, here are the stats on their sting operation:

Location // Year // No. of men who showed up
Outside NYC-area // 2004 // 18 men in 2 1/2 days
Washington D.C. suburb // 2005 // 19 men in 3 days
Southern California // 2006 // 50 men in 3 days
Greenville, Ohio // 2006 // 18 men in 3 days
Ft. Myers, Florida // 2006 // 24 men in 3 days[/quote]

I hope they’re in a lot of hot water now. :smiling_imp:

As for the numbers, I’m sure it’s just a drop in the bucket, but perhaps high publicity stings like this will dissuade some of the rest from acting on their desires. Hopefully some good will come of it.

I remember reading an article about a 1 time kiddie molester who later had a cyst removed from his brain. Some time later he had a sudden desire to reoffend at which point he informed his doctors that he suspected the cyst had come back. Sure enough it had and the subsequent surgery once again removed the desire.

This certainly supports your viewpoint HGC that at least in some cases it could be some kind of physical condition that is curable.

Nuetered, yes we did that to a lot of animales back on the farm. Bull calves were the toughest and if you fucked up you ended up with broken limbs. :laughing: :laughing:

As for the sulpuric acid on the knob and balls… well that’s gotta hurt. :astonished: :astonished:

But as you said for some perhaps it is a curable medical condition. But for some perhaps it’s not.

But with the consensual age in Canada being 14 and Japan even less why bother going to Vetnom or Comboydia. Better to get some young ones over there in the land of the frozen my arse off at -20C. We banish all the peads to Canada… let them live in the frozen waste lands where the only obvious desire is not to be froen to death.

That’s it, we hang those peads out at -20C and lets theirs members freeze up and drop off.

Sure 1000 feet doesnt give enough time for the perp to say sorry before going splat or sploosh.
Maybe we should make it 40000ft so they have a few minutes to ponder before they hit.

:beer: :beer:

[quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”]Sure 1000 feet doesnt give enough time for the perp to say sorry before going splat or sploosh. Maybe we should make it 40000ft so they have a few minutes to ponder before they hit.

:beer: :beer:[/quote]

Hmm, depends on your crew chief. See. at 1,000 feet, a good crew chief can have them in the door while promising if they just say sorry, they won’t have to exit. Now if he times it right, “sorry” could be the last thing they ever say, no time even for a “WTF!”

HG

[quote=“Serial Killer On Parole”]Question? Is being a Ped a mental illness or is it a natural state? Let’s say we accept gays now as being naturally that way. How do we know Peds also aren’t just that way? Each to their own fetish?
[/quote]

Having read that I had a thought. Might this not be a hangover from the days when folks palmed their 11,12, 13, 14 and 15 year old daughters of on middle-aged men for marriage in exchange for political or business reasons??

As a teenager I found it disturbing reading pre-Victorian and Victorian literature (including Jane Austen) where 14, 15 or 16 year olds were led down the altar…

Little off topic. Just a thought that popped into my head. Apologies.

The man in the mirror.

How about a dress code for all English teachers? Men will wear 3 piece suits and a polka dot bowtie and women will wear nun’s outfit.

Careful, dressing as a nun can be habit forming.

Whoa! That’s not really my take! In fact my position on kiddy diddlers is more akin to serial killers one off heli drop technique. I’ve grown old and nasty and something’s are just too great a transgression of accepted values.

Having said that, I can recall another tale from my days in the nuthouses where a very young and somewhat psychotic chap had been playing with his neice, bouncing her on his lap and the like. He found to his utter horror he’d become somewhat aroused with a half hard on. He didn’t act on it, well not immediately, instead he fled the scene and lopped his wedding tackle off because he took it as evidence he was a paedophile.

One needs to maintain some measure of calm on this kind of issue.

HG

[quote=“Huang Guang Chen”][

One needs to maintain some measure of calm on this kind of issue.

[/quote]

I have to agree with this. As many have already said on this thread, the majority of English teachers are good folk, not everybody is here to fiddle. I’d guess the media has played a big role in hyping up the peado threat and in the current climate of a cross between paranoia and PC-ness, people are scared of being labelled as nonces.

For example the thread here where some of the posters have shown their kids photos. Many would be afraid to say that so and so’s kid is cute because maybe the parent will think there’s more to my comment than meets the eye. My father recently saw a girl of maybe 6 years old (alone) who wanted to cross the road. As my dad is old school, he was going to help the kid cross the road safely. Then he realised…what if someone sees me? they may think I’m a pead. He left the girl to cross the road… I think this is a sad indictment of the times…

I also seem to recall a news story back home of some local vigilantes setting a peadiatrician’s house on fire in a case of mistaken identity :unamused:… The fear has become out of control.