How Many People Have a Background in Maths, Sci, Eng, Med, etc.?

How many posters here have a background (undergraduate major or above) in mathematics, the sciences (no social sciences), engineering or something medical or the like (e.g. dentistry, optometry, etc.)?

Which areas?

How many of you have worked in a field related to such studies?

I don’t have a background or work experience in such areas. I know there are at least a couple of people here who do have such a background and experience though. I’d be interested to see how many such people are here though.

Mathematics.

+1 to the second question. :sunglasses:

Biological Sciences

HH: Work experience too?

I have the Maths degree but have done none.

What are the odds that I could get away with starting a thread with this title: “Dating People Who Can Barely Come.”.?

Electronics, and Psychology. Although I never did anything useful with the psychology, for obvious reasons.

finley: Psychology is a social science. I’ve also studied that, but I didn’t list it because it’s a social science.

Electronics. It has limited use in my job (tech writer).

I know, I just put it there to annoy you :wink:

People poke fun at “social sciences”, but I found studying psychology useful in that they have a very strong focus on critical thinking (ie., learning how to spot bullshit and sloppiness in research) and on the use/misuse of statistics. So social sciences aren’t necessarily any less “practical” than the hard sciences.

It’s all right because now you’re an English teacher in Taiwan, so the joke is on you! :raspberry:

How dare you, Guy! :astonished: I may have studied psychology, but I would never stoop to that.

Don’t have a degree of the kind you are asking about but plenty of technology related work experience in several countries
(radio, electronics, electrics, IT). :slight_smile:

finley: I did stoop to that. :cry:

I’m about the same as what irishstu wrote. Although I can’t claim to be as handsome. :neutral:

Electronics, and I have used it professionally for 30 years. Except now I am an aspiring Sandwich Artist.

masters and doctorate in neuroscience and neuropharmacology, bachelors in organic chemistry and pharmacology, many years working in diverse field biology and biochemistry positions before ten years as a professor (pathophysiology and premed), nearly ten now as an editor for molecular biology, and now managing curriculum development in a science grad university (physics, neuroscience, evolution, etc)…

Oh, and I like cooking.

1 Like

[quote=“urodacus”]masters and doctorate in neuroscience and neuropharmacology, bachelors in organic chemistry and pharmacology, many years working in diverse field biology and biochemistry positions before ten years as a professor (pathophysiology and premed), nearly ten now as an editor for molecular biology, and now managing curriculum development in a science grad university (physics, neuroscience, evolution, etc)…

Oh, and I like cooking.[/quote]
Isn’t that impressive! :thumbsup:

[quote=“urodacus”]masters and doctorate in neuroscience and neuropharmacology, bachelors in organic chemistry and pharmacology, many years working in diverse field biology and biochemistry positions before ten years as a professor (pathophysiology and premed), nearly ten now as an editor for molecular biology, and now managing curriculum development in a science grad university (physics, neuroscience, evolution, etc)…

Oh, and I like cooking.[/quote]

cooks.com/rec/view/0,1716,15 … 03,00.html

saddletramp: Why the switch to the sandwich?

I want to be able to start it up, train some kids, and semi-retire.