How to forget someone

Step 1: Dedicate one last night to your feelings. If you’re really sad, cry your heart out, drench your pillow, for tomorrow you’d be a free man.

Step 2: You’re a bit free of stress now, acknowledge that. Thank yourself for that.You’re awesome. Spend some time doing something you love and do that with all your heart. Do something new, something you always wanted to do. Maybe some new idea you had? Work on it. The time is now.

Step 3: Stop keeping in touch with her. No phone calls, no re-reading your old messages. If you guys were really good friends, you will be friends again. But give time a chance to make things anew before that. When you meet again after that, things will not be the same.

If only I could recommend that post! Oh God, why did I socialize recommendations? What have I done?

walk literally outside your door and find someone new.

Its hard. Only time can heal a broken heart. AFter enough time you will usually wonder why the heck you even shed a tear. And after more time, you start to forget their names (because you have started to forget most anything and everything).

That’s so long as they didn’t die on you. Then it could be a bitch to forget.

It takes me one week at most to forget about someone I used to love even if the relationship lasted for a long period of time. You might think that I am emotionally strong or that i am an exception but the truth is that I suffered for more than a year after my first breakup and then after reading about love’s psychology I developed some kind of immunity to breakups.

It is really hard to forget someone you care or love. But sometimes thing just happened out of control. But life goes on and you never know what awaits in future. My suggestion avoid the place visit or any thing attach with her reminds the memory.

[quote=“eddie4”]It is really hard to forget someone you care or love. But sometimes thing just happened out of control. But life goes on and you never know what awaits in future. My suggestion avoid the place visit or any thing attach with her reminds the memory.

-[/quote]
I actually used to go to all of the places taht were special to us or that relationship, and make a new memory with a new person (not necessarily a love interest, but someone who made me feel good). Then, wandering around the city wasn’t like trying to walk around landmines. If I ran into a place that reminded me of the one I’d lost, I’d remind myself that I had a new memory in that place.
Repeat as needed.

Some people conclude that if you broke up with them, it wasn’t really love.

What is love? Baby don’t hurt me…

When love is defined individually, subjectively and solely in emotional terms then every heartache can be love and life sucks. If love is defined in other ways, such as in terms of your relationship, the community, family etc. then it’s easier to move on. This is just one reason why sin/selfishness/attachments are hurtful to someone in the long run.

take up heroin.

I think what is said here can be summed up as:

Easier said than done for some though, by some i mean me.

Agreed Hansioux. There’s something to be said for letting yourself be sad for a while. It’s showing respect to yourself and your feelings.

Yes true, because actually its maybe deep down , not her/him you miss but the part of YOU that you invested that you missed. The more you invested of yourself the more you miss a relationship. The other party may have invested a whole lot less of emotional input and therefore has long forgotten about you as you meant very little to her/him.

My last two TW girlfriends both told me I had to go, simply put, and I doubt they miss me AT ALL. And my ex TW wife cared more about her new cellfone then about me. So yeah, while i invested a lot of emotional content, they obviously invested very little. And the two pennies that they did evaporated with the first rain of a new Spring.

God bless them anyways. I may be hard to miss LOL.

Tips for forgetting someone? Lol…it’s different for everyone though. Some can forget easily while some just can’t. So it is kindda hard to say how to deal with it.

Imagine a moment of your very first meeting, the one starting point, when it was the beginning of your relationship. Now imagine that this meeting did not take place. You have passed by, or he/she immediately ran away on business, and it was raining. Now, turn on the imagination and picture how you lived the same period of life, which is connected with the loved one, but only without him/her. Surely, you would have something to do, somewhere to go, someone to talk. It will really help you soon forget the love and come back to life.

Yeah sometimes i wish i could do REWIND. I would in most cases NOT re-pick the ones I had. Wouldn’t want to see THAT movie twice.

Yeah sometimes i wish i could do REWIND. I would in most cases NOT re-pick the ones I had. Wouldn’t want to see THAT movie twice.[/quote]

Oh no Tommy! I’ve been gone for so long! Have things gone badly with your bride?