How to get Taiwan Citizenship - Primer, FAQ, and Resources

I think those who want to do naturalization are supposed to have a certain level of chinese. I don’t know whether the required level is that to understand those documents, though.

1 Like

No normal Taiwanese person does. You need another civil servant, well versed in bureacratease, Taiwan legalese and gong wen elaboration.

I’ll ask my boss.

:no_no:

You need to ask the slave owners, Doc, not the slave! :cat: :cat2: :cat: :cat2: :cat: :cat2: :cat:

1 Like

As far as I know, slavery is illegal in Taiwan. Amirite? Maybe “indentured servant” is a better term.

Call her a domestic helper if you like. I’m pretty sure these terms all mean the same thing in catspeak.

I’m not that stupid. I’d like to keep my hide intact, thank you.

1 Like

:cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::cat::dog:

So it’s 6 cats’ and one dog’s mouths you feed. What are their names?

Icon, Lola, Didi, FeiFei, SerPounce, Jiji, Bobby.

Icon is a boy, Lola a girl, Didi a boy, FeiFei a boy, SerPounce a boy, Jiji a girl, Bobby a boy? Do the cats and Bobby get along?

Oops! :oops:

Six masters and one best friend. And Rowland says you can’t serve two masters! :rofl:

Is that what husbands in Taiwan are refered to nowadays?

Hey, don’t give those battle-axes any ideas!

@ub4me I was wondering how did it go. Did you manage to apply for your naturalization?
I got my APRC few months and I thought I could no longer apply for the nationality because my residence time would reset? :disappointed:
I would appreciate your update, thank you!!

No, your residence time is not reset by getting your APRC.

Hi, don’t worry, i think it would be easier to to apply TW citizen when you’re holding APRC, i just got the TARC today without any problem

2 Likes

Are you planning to renounce or are you getting the foreign professional exemption, if I might ask?

I’m planning to renounce next week. The most unexpected thing would be joining military after getting citizenship

How old are you now?