I miss CC lemon

Disappeared off the shelves a few months ago now, Hey Song brought out a Lemon C&C which is crap. The other alternative is made by Schweppes called Lemon C which is better but still not as good as the old CC lemon. :cry:

I noticed the repackaging but Iā€™m trying to eliminate soda (<1/wk). Are you saying that CC Lemon has a different formula now?

No, for some reason the original CC lemon is not available here now. Hey Song brought out an alternative which at first glance looks like its just different packaging but sadly is nowhere near as good IMO.

never had any. who made it?

these guys had some

youtube.com/watch?v=Sx8m664bUs0

Tastes exactly the same to me. :slight_smile:

news.tvbs.com.tw/entry/569214

C.C. Lemon and Dakara sports drink are both off the Taiwan market because Suntory is backing out of Taiwanā€™s soft drink market.

The main reason of Suntory backing out is Suntory doesnā€™t own a factory here in Taiwan, and OEM is getting more expensive.

The company they did OEM for Suntory was Hey Song, and thatā€™s why they are making C&C Lemon. It is said the only difference between the two is that C&C got more fizz.

1 Like

I have a secret stash but its only for me and my minions. Also got some Quaaludes in the medicine cabinet just in case.

[quote=ā€œhansiouxā€]http://news.tvbs.com.tw/entry/569214

C.C. Lemon and Dakara sports drink are both off the Taiwan market because Suntory is backing out of Taiwanā€™s soft drink market.

The main reason of Suntory backing out is Suntory doesnā€™t own a factory here in Taiwan, and OEM is getting more expensive.

The company they did OEM for Suntory was Hey Song, and thatā€™s why they are making C&C Lemon. It is said the only difference between the two is that C&C got more fizz.[/quote]

I felt C&C was a bit more gassy. I fell for the scam - thought it was CC lemon till I had some and thought something wasnā€™t right. At first I noticed the bottle was a bit different, and then I found the little ā€œ&ā€ they sneaked in there.

Too bad about Suntory! Their ā€œblack oolongā€ (no sugar) was the best of its kind in Taiwan when available. :frowning:

Guy

Apologies for slightly digressing, but does it not annoy anyone that most of the drinks here have either a really high sugar content, or none at all. Sometimes Iā€™d like to buy a drink with a little bit of flavor, a hint of lemon in plain green tea or a bit of grapefruit etc. but no, itā€™s either all or nothing. I like citrus fruits, so Iā€™d go with CC lemon if I was having a bad day. I do squeeze lemon into my own green tea and water at home, but when Iā€™m out and want a cold drink it seems like Iā€™m stuck with those weird tasting sports drinks like sweaty poccari or the Taiwanese versionā€¦ dolphin fin juice or something. Lame names for lame drinks.

The selection of drinks here do not really appeal to my taste and im not a lover of cold tea. CC lemon was one of the few drinks I would buy and now its gone. There are a few nice fruit drinks you can buy from the tea shops fortunately. CC lemon was a really popular drink and was sold everywhere from what I could see. This new Hey Song substitute is not a patch on the original IMO.

Ah, but as Taiwanese people will often tell you, they donā€™t like sweet things, not like North Americans do! (If that sentence ever makes sense to me, Iā€™ll know that Iā€™ve lived here too long.)

Gimme a break. Anyone who puts sugar in oolong tea as a default setting is in a different league. Iā€™m with the Japanese on this one (it would never occur to them to do so). The first Mandarin I needed to learn after moving here was äøåŠ ē³–ā€“or, if reading bottles in a convenience store ē„”ē³–! :fume:

Guy

I buy the coconut water at Costco. No added sugar from what I can tell and a lot less overall sugar. Thatā€™s my compromise between the too sugary and the too bland conundrum.

So Suntory makes the drinks and owns the copyright to the exact formula? Are these drinks in the Japanese market? Wouldnā€™t we be able to find them here in the imports section of a high end supermarket like we do with A&W root beer or RC cola? Loved the commercials, never got around to trying it though. The kids liked it. I almost bought the other stuff from the vending machine the other day Glad I didnā€™t.

Try the one in Breeze center, they have a lot of this kind of Japanese items.