I want these scooters off the streets!

i go to the night market, then go home. everytime i’ve ventured out further than that i regret it.

2 Likes

I like Keelung!

Anyways, isn’t there a war or something going on in Vietnam??
I will not be visiting there anytime soon, no sir!

Keelung is a commuter town to one of the wealthiest cities in East Asia and its totally shit

4 Likes

I don’t know, man.
One time in Keelung, I got a Gπ with fuckin cheese in the middle.

That’s practically Iowa State Fair level shit.

1 Like

They’ve changed exactly one thing in Keelung my whole more than two decades of life and it was building that Q square thing downtown. When I was little I liked being able to come back and see everything the same way I left it, but now it just makes me sad to see it fester.

Oh, and they ruined Hepingdao. Used to be able to walk all over the place freely out there. Now you have to pay to get in and all the best spots to chill are blocked off because of rockfalls or whatever. They also built a big stupid castle-thing to house some stupid cafes and they play stupid music over the stupid loudspeaker. Why would you play elevator music in an oceanside park? Why? I just want to listen to the fucking waves!

I really think it’s the weather. Weeks of rain in the winter with no breaks of sunshine, just nonstop suicide shit. Makes developing the place feel like it’s not worth the trouble.

Driving is tricky in Jilong. Roads are problematic.

the new shopping mall place is crap too. a brand new shopping mall and the main shop is NET the most budget clothes brand in taiwan.

Yeah, sure, but I don’t think you were listening, one more time:

OK???

Was it the kind they make from powder?

[quote=“hanna149, post:365, topic:68345, full:true”]

I heard from a native there, it has highest suicide rate in Taiwan (hersay).

Walking is tricky in Jilong. My dad says it’s like the place is designed to make you bust your ass.

Hard sell for the lactose intolerant among us…

1 Like

NET can be decent if you know how to take advantage of the discounts and pick it over for the best clothes, but the stupider thing is the addition of Nike/Underarmour and those other big brands. If you know where to go, there are outlets just a few streets away where you can find their stuff for a quarter of the price. It’s just silly.

I do think POYA was a good addition, though. And a couple of good restaurants upstairs. Little walking track on the roof is not bad, either. Good place to take mom for a stroll.

1 Like

It’s Taiwan’s Yokohama which makes it even more shocking !!

It’s the ultimate failure of the imagination.

1 Like

And the bloody (1970s) highway exit that spills cars RIGHT into the central harbour area.
Insane.

Then there is the smell of the open sewer , sorry river, as it discharges into the harbour.

But it has potential as they say . Buckets of potential.:laughing:

1 Like

Keelung is the city of the future, and it always will be.

2 Likes

The Brazil of the East

1 Like

But with much worse music.

2 Likes

…And women

1 Like

Aw, why do you have to be like that? :grin:

2 Likes