But the thought of many of you on scooters
Gives me some small measure of relief.
Donā€™t hate me

1 Like

Tow trucks have wheel dollies!

1 Like

But many still wear it backwards!

1 Like

Iā€™ll only hate you if you splash muddy water on me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Those (blank inserted) Volvo drivers!

1 Like

Thatā€™s the only way it really works

1 Like

Clunker?!! That is a great Volvo!

To be fair I have one from that era and I do also park extremely badly in order to cause maximum offence. I havenā€™t quite gone as far as parking in the ambulance bay outside of A&E yet but thereā€™s still time! :wink:

Hang it inside at night and park under awnings and hang your rain gear over your scooter when out.

I remember standing next to my ford and a Volvo parked by Braille in front of my car bumper car style

I didnā€™t say anything but kicked his passenger door as hard as I could

No damage done to his car but the geezer was shocked that someone was there and took off

I shouldā€™ve gone Taiwan style and waited till he parked then keyed the shit out of his car

But Iā€™m less of a deviant than in your face kinda guy

Go to Vietnam and then come back to Taiwan.

You will not complain about Taiwanese scooters anymore. In fact, you may not even notice them because Vietnam is on a whole new level when it comes to these two-wheeled things moving around the streets like mosquitoes.

1 Like

There is a very large Vietnamese population where I live in Taoyuan, and the electric mosquitoes are in full effect. I donā€™t mind them though, and Iā€™m probably going to join their club. Cheap, convenient and no license needed. The restaurants theyā€™ve opened in the area are great and they are very friendly. Much better neighbors than most Taiwanese have been in my experience.

1 Like

Dunno, toss a coin there.

Iā€™ve spent a lot of time in both places and frankly find Taiwanā€™s situation worse, at least where I lived in Tainan. VNā€™s roads are choked with scooters moving at very slow speeds, so itā€™s more congested but there is less chance of serious injury. Taiwanā€™s situation is more dangerous because collisions are at higher speeds.

Taiwan still has millions of scooters everywhere. Letā€™s not do the whataboutery.

4 Likes

Vietnam is also still very much a developing country and Taiwan just looks like one. Taiwan is developed now and should be treated in comparison with places with similar GDP and education level.

Some foreigners like to imagine this is still the 80s and they are slumming it in an anarchic subtropical backwater and that the shit things here are ā€œjust the way it isā€.

3 Likes

I liked it better before all the speed cameras and crackdowns. Turning left on red lights with the scooter was awesome, especially when right turns on red were frowned upon as they still are today.

Now, we get lots of intersections with right turn lights while the perpendicular road also has a green light for pedestrian crossing. Nothing confusing or contradictory there.

1 Like

yea this should be sorted out. no benefit to it, only potential accidents.

exactly, taiwan should be doing better, it even has the technology for it. just held back by good old corruption. which is nothing to defend.

.Especially in the hinterland.
You donā€™t even have to go far to see how shit some parts of Taiwan still are. Keelung!

1 Like