Is it easy to move to Taipei?

Hello, i’m from Brasil and have a possibility to work in Taipei. But i don’t know how the costs to rent an apartament. Is expensive? Is difficult to find? And opportunity to my wife to work there. Thanks for your attention. Que.

1 Like

One thing is be weary of landlords that give you the foreigner discount (not a good thing) charging you more and making you pay ridiculous deposites you’ll never get back. Making you pay 3 months and things of the that sort instead of first and last like it usually is. Have a clear contract if possible about his responsibilities like if this breaks he needs to fix it etc.

it depends. If you don’t mind inconvenience, goodness, and so on, rooms for 2 person could be less than 10000NTD. If you have criteria higher than many locals, I guess at least 15000NTD. It could cost 30000NTD or more for expats ones or very convenient places.

If your budget is good enough for your criteria, it is not very difficult to find a room, there are plenty of rooms to rent.

it depends on her career and nationallity. If she originally came from an English speaking country, the easiest job is an English teacher.

Pleease use the search function at the top right. The basic questions have been asked and answered a lot. :wink:

Your expensive could be our cheap and vice versa. A little more info would be helpful! Not difficult to find, but we still need to know what you consider expensive.

As @tando said, if your wife hails from an English as a primary language country like US, UK or Australia, she can work as an English teacher. Other than that, her coming here and applying for an office job is not easy. There’s a lot of threads of people asking about job hunting on the ground here for non-English teaching jobs. Search function! :wink: