Let's list all the places that won't accept ARC

It’s not acceptable though.
You can use the same excuse for any minority group.
Sorry we don’t cater for you because you are not the majority and we didn’t think about you being different (even though we made you different used a non standard ID on purpose in this case ).

2 Likes

I didn’t say it was acceptable. I’m trying to explain why I think it is. I get every bit just as frustrated as others.

It happens so often I think to some degree it is deliberate, probably on the assumption that foreigners are not entitled to this or that service.

Possibly. But corporate services are sometimes the same. Try signing up for battle.net with your ARC. No Blizzard games for me…

IMG_20190816_074941

Dropped by the lobby of Chenghsin Hospital in Beitou to check my BP. I was surprised to find they added a login to their BP monitors. They don’t seem to read my BNHI card and their ID login does not accept ID numbers that begin with 2 letters. $#%&?!!

It’s everything online. For instance, filing reports of traffic violations.

I’ve used those machines at hospitals and they all accept my NHI card just fine. Was your card already in the hospital’s computer system? If not, that may be the problem.

1 Like

Does your jianbao card work for other stuff? My jianbao card went kaputt a little over a year ago, and I had to get a new one.

I never thought of that before. @GooseEgg, are you registered at that hospital?

I am not registered at that hospital. I guess they installed that system specifically for freeloaders like me, who drop by just to check their BP. I suppose that would mean there are a lot of us freeloaders (who are clogging up the queue for registered patients)

2 Likes

Yes, my BNHI card is working and up-to-date. Cheers

2 Likes

Also applies to all the police online reporting systems, including freeway traffic squad.

Yikes! I didn’t mean it like that! :slight_smile: Odds are, I’m the freeloader of the bunch.

I just meant it as a hoop to jump through.

That’s my way of putting it. It would make sense to me if it really was inconveniencing their patients. It isn’t something I feel the need to verify, though

I think the point is that your results go into the system so your doctor can bring them up on the computer.

1 Like

Youbike keeps sending me messages about registering for their insurance scheme (I guess if you are involved in some sort of accident). The registration form wants ID number, Name and Date of Birth.

Of course you can’t input two characters at the start of the ID number…

What’s a BNHI card? Same as NHI card but for Bigimportantpeoplewhoadministrateonlineforums?

This link seems to be dead, the contact information function on this page, National Immigration Agency, R.O.C. (Taiwan) works.

Hopefully this will be over soon when they implement consistent id numbers for all. Next year was it?

1 Like

There never was a plan to implement consistent id numbers, the plan to implement new, differently inconsistent, id numbers was the middle of this year.

1 Like

Why am I surprised yet not surprised