Ma Ying-jeou's legacy

Traitor

3 Likes

Actually, I think he is utterly loyal—to what he believes is his “race,” his “people,” his “culture.” All are connected of course to Chineseness.

That being said, his maneouvres lately would have gotten him imprisoned, or worse, by his former boss CCK. Wonder when we’ll next see more crocodile tears when Ma visits his grave out in Taoyuan.

Guy

1 Like

Didnt he also meet Xi before, again as a “Mr.”?

He has always been a traitor to Taiwan. politically, which has led to economically as well.

History repeats the old conceits . . .

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/news/5130773

Guy

7 Likes

He should just stay in the warm embrace of Xinnie and not bother coming back.

4 Likes

No man! He’s still holding out for the possibility to be the first Chief Executive (Patriotically Approved) of Taiwan SAR.

Guy

4 Likes

Guy makes me puke.
Not you, the other Guy.

7 Likes

He is a true Chinese Patriot and Nationalist, that’s why Comrade Secretary General Xi actually respects him, they both just want Chinar to be glorious.

Shameful, he should be tried for treason and abetting the communist rebellion in the mainland area (let’s use ROC legislation in a proper way for once).

He always reminds me of Tony Blair. I’m not sure why. Is it the cheesy smile?

1 Like

Was Blair an ethnonationalist who spoke condescendingly about minorities in Britain?

I’ll never forget the ways Ma spoke to and about Indigenous peoples when he was mayor of the capital. What a jerk!

Guy

4 Likes

You guys are totally over reacting, when I go to China there is always a little reception and it looks pretty much just like this. I would like to commend chairman Xi on the quality of the tea.

I remember hearing a guy speak recently about how the Chinese used to have missiles pointed at ‘us’ in the 1980s or something to that effect. Thing is the guy in question looked like he hadn’t even been born in the 1980’s and on top of that he was from California and only transferring flights in Taiwan. People are mad, but anyway

2 Likes

Not that I’m aware of.

Pictures of Ma remind me of Tony Blair.

They have a similar kind of upbeat charisma. I think Blair went further down the path of glassy eyeballed insanity during his time in office though.

Some weird sh&t happening with the Taiwan News website.

I wonder if these guys were hacked . . .

Guy

1 Like

They can’t handle 2 Winnie’s. Bandwidth just isn’t available for THAT much ego in 2024.

They had a website redesign, but the programmers did some rookie mistakes. It should be fine by now. I fixed the URL to the currently correct format in your post.

4 Likes

You know things are bad when even people in Taipei City think you’ve gone too far.

Rough translation: Ma Ying-jeou is a traitor.

Source: https://twitter.com/DaveOhYeah/status/1773587602651648340

Guy

5 Likes

I thought the translation was “Me like Whisbih” :clown_face:

I guess the public insult law thing will be forecasted there.