Mandarin On The Go Travel and Learn

Looks like the Taiwan government is sponsoring Mandarin learning while you travel. I don’t know any details but I’m trying to find out more. Below is a website.

It’s in the news, but unfortunately they only report on the technical details about the activity and no information for the people that could actually use the activity.

http://m.chinapost.com.tw/taiwan/2017/08/14/500007/MoE-launches.htm

It is for Overseas Compatriots. I could not find any reference to it being open to pale faces.

Seems to me an updated version of the Love Boat.

I cannot find any reference that it’s for overseas compatriots.

I think the office in charge is teh one that handles Overseas Compatriots affairs. Though the website link does refer to 為鼓勵外國人來臺學華語. Since when is it huayu and not guoyu?

Taipei, Aug. 8 (CNA) The Ministry of Education launched a Fun Taiwan-style Mandarin learning program on Tuesday, inviting overseas residents to learn about and experience Taiwan through a combination of language learning and tours around the island-country.

Response to email:. “Thanks for the inquiry of our tour which is available for all foreigners who is interested in learning Chinese and Taiwan culture.”

1 Like

It’s also Huayu in the Chinese name of the TOCFL. It makes more sense in an international context.