Marrying filipina,bringing her to Taiwan?

I am moving to Taiwan in January and soon after I intend to marry my filipina fiance in the philippines. Obviously, I would like to have her with me in Taiwan. My question is : Does anyone have experience with setting up their spouses visa, and what’s required to bring them to Taiwan? Does having an ARC enable me to apply for her visa as my spouse? …any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes, having your ARC will qaulify you for the spousal visa. However, since your wife is Philipina, you will have to wait about 6 months or more to get her over here.
Sorry to say that.

I doubt very much whether she’ll be allowed in. WolvesMan couldn’t get his Filipina wife in.

He did, eventually, get his wife in but only after much heartache and money under various tables (not that that actually helped)… I’ll give him a nudge next time I see him as I’m sure he’ll have something to say…

He did, eventually, get his wife in …[/quote]

Oh good - that’s great news. We should form an Unwelcome Spouses Group or something…

I have other friends here who got their wives in… not easy… arduous really but yet it can be done.

Has anyone heard any encouraging news on the subject of bringing your filipina wife here recently? I’m already married to mine, but doubt that makes a difference. We also got a baby due in October. Anything you could tell me would help. Thanks.

Yes, you can bring your filipina wife in but you need a really good travel agency in Manila to help you process the papers.

No need to pay money or any of that illegal stuff. Just give them all the requirements.

Here goes:

1. Prepare the following documents:

a. Certificate of singlehood (wife’s) issued by NSO - your wife should have applied for this document before you were married. If not, then you are in trouble.
    b. Birth certificate (wife’s) issued by NSO
    c. Marriage certificate

2. Have the documents authenticated by the following agencies:

a. Office of the President
    b. DFA
    c. TECO - attach a chinese translation for all three documents. Forms are available at TECO office.

3. Apply a tourist visa for your wife using said documents plus a copy of your ARC.

4. Once here in taiwan, go to MOFA. Have all the documents authenticated. Then, you can apply for a JFRV.

Good luck.

I know at least two gentlemen on ARCs who have been able to bring their Filipina wives over to Tainan. It’s a difficult process but doable.