Mayweather vs. McGregor Aug 26

That’d be a very boring match. Floyd has zero training in MMA. McGregor, while an amateur, has decent boxing training and often incorporates traditional boxing routines in his MMA fights.

1 Like

What do I know, I usually stick to watching hockey fights.

Now you are onto something. MMA-style hockey fights. There will be blood.

“You saw the first battle in the desert. Now wrap up, pack your bags and head to the great white north! On ice. With skates. There go the gloves! The rematch, Mayweather vs McGregor 2, NHL rules! No visors allowed!”

hope conor keeps it mma now. he wasn’t bad at the actual boxing part of it but stamina and the shenanigans that go along with it …not so much.

1 Like

It was a very poor show for Connor macgregor

I’m not interested in mma any more or combat sports

They sell you a massive build up . That’s all we got if you ask me

Cheers

Mike

Lasting 10 rounds with the undisputed best in the business is a very poor show?! WTF did you expect?

3 Likes

Connor said he was going to Ko him .

He just sold a fight he never could pull off

Yeah to sell the fight. What else is he going To say?

1 Like

It was a show alright. Las Vegas all the way baby.
I’m watching the fight again and Mayweather brought him to deep water and controlled the whole fight and has far superior fitness levels. You see Mayweather standing just out of range but pushing Conor around the whole fight making him throw hundreds of missed punches. The last five rounds were just added for the folks back home. Mayweather tried to bet that he would finish it in 9 rounds but they wouldn’t let him place the bet.

Remember people were saying Mayweather was an old retired guy. This really showed the fitness levels pro boxers maintain.

McGregor acquitted himself okay for an amateur but he would have been schooled by any decent boxing pro in his weight division nevermind Mayweather. Remember McGregor had 20 pounds and reach advantage on Mayweather too.

McGregor wasn’t even able to hold his hands up for defense that’s basic stuff. I have actually boxed at amateur national level so know a bit about boxing.

2 Likes

Would be over in one minute

I remember my first fight too. Awww bless.

It’s called selling a fight. Did you think Mike Tyson was actually going eat Lennox Lewis’ children as well?

1 Like

Had to share this, somebody broke down the statistics. Pretty interesting to see.

That table is rubbish claiming maywesther only started to dominate in the ninth.

Everyone had fun though yeah?

Was a fun affair. 7/10

Thought everyone won. Mayweather had a final hurrah and showed why he was a master. Conor acquitted himself and gave a good showing. Fans got good buildup and a fun fight.

2 Likes

If it wasn’t for seeing how brutal the judges cards were, I might have become a better fan of the sweet science.

2 Likes