Mayweather vs. McGregor Aug 26

This looks like it’s quickly turning into ‘The Great White Hype 2: Electric Boogaloo.’

Saw the result coming. What I didn’t expect was an actual fight (I imagined it more along the lines of the boring Pacquiao one). See, now that was actual entertainment.

2 Likes

It was a good fight!

1 Like

Not quite a classic, but better than that Pacquaio snoozefest at least.

1 Like

Only because mayweather knows pacquaio had the ability to knock him out in a boxing match. He took way more risks and was far more aggressive with Connor. But yeah, at least he went after him instead of fight scared like with pacquaio

Well they’re both rich as fuck from that little show. Back to our lives.

3 Likes

Indeed they are, they should donate their earnings to charity, wipe up world debt.

Wipe out world debt? Lol no. This is a drop in the bucket. But provide healthcare, food and shelter to thousands of people living below the poverty line? Or maybe fund valuable research into the cure for some terrible disease? Yeah, but fat chance that’ll happen. :smirk:

Anyway, no one is going home a loser. From just half an hour of hurt and exhaustion, they’re both going to make many times what the highest paid A-list Hollywood star makes for a 3 month movie shoot. McGregor is grinning with swollen lips from cauliflower ear to cauliflower ear.

I’m not sure how serious this comment was, but there’s actually 12 nations that they could afford to pay the debt off. (List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia) Using the 100/30 million figures as reported initially. But that wouldn’t be possible if they donated to common charities. And, using California state taxes, the larger figure of 100 million becomes less than 45 million after taxes ($100000000 $ 100,000,000.00 Tax Calculator 2024/25 | 2024 Tax Refund Calculator). It’s a lot for one person, but it’s not enough to make any real global impact.

On that note, it didn’t look like McGregor was ready for a 12 round match. Even before surrendering his face to the meat tenderizer gods, he looked really tired. Not dodging as often, or even blocking. And those punches towards the end didn’t look like they had much power. I was rooting for him, but, he was the underdog by far coming into this match.

Anyone that’s curious what’s going to happen after this, apparently McGregor is returning to the UFC

Looked like Mayweather was holding back most of the fight and then kicked into gear at round 5 , could have finished it by 7 but decided to wait till 10.
McGregor didn’t worry him at any point , which is not surprising considering mayweathers talents .
Lots was made of Conor being younger and having more energy but mayweather looked like he was just getting warmed up by round 10! Superb fitness.

Easiest 130 million dollars they ever made.

Catch it for free before it’s taken down. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOZcarvsTM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yxOZcarvsTM

1 Like

it was entertaining. conor gassing out was a bit disappointing, he was looking good at the beginning. first boxing match i’ve properly watched. back to mma for me where the action doesn’t get stopped every 5 seconds from backing up into your opponent.

Ummmm…did I watch the same 3 rounds to start the bout?

1 Like

All I can think is if mayweather would have dropped his head or turned his back he would have died in an MMA fight.

Fun enough. We saw am older version of one of the greatest fighters of all time against basically an amateur

2 Likes

They should do an MMA-rules rematch.

The way Floyd kept offering up his back, he would have been RNC’d in seconds.

He’d have to adapt. Fair is fair.

I imagine he was doing that on purpose to bait McGregor. He probably knew his muscle memory and instinct would make him want to go for the rear naked choke. Just like he couldn’t make himself stop hammer punching. :2cents:

It would be even more of a farce than that Thomey/Couture farce a few years back.

1 Like