Movie Quiz: Cameo

Here is a quiz that I will have with my friends again!
As usual, I cheat it by preparing it in advance. :smiley:

I know some directors like to play a part in their films.
Taking Woody Allan for instance, he played leading roles in most of his early films.

It is easy to reconize them.
There is no challenge at all so I want to know some difficult ones which are hard to tell.

I know Peter Jackson plays a pirate in The Return of the King.
It is hard to tell him by just one glance.

Any Cameo else?
Are here some experts who can help me?

Coppola in Apocalypse Now.

Not a director, but John Densmore (drummer of the Doors) in Oliver Stone’s movie “the Doors”.

Alfred Hitchcock is probably best remembered for this. I believe he’s in nearly all of his films.

M. Night Shyamalanadingdong (sp?) appears in his movies, also.

[quote=“cfimages”]Coppola in Apocalypse Now.

Not a director, but John Densmore (drummer of the Doors) in Oliver Stone’s movie “the Doors”.[/quote]

Really!
What part of Apocalypse Now? I have seen it twice, but I didn’t notice it!

M. Night Shyamalan in ‘The Village’. He plays the security guard in the booth, you can only see his reflection.

Steven King often takes cameos in his films. Hitchcock? I’m pretty sure he’s seen in some of his stuff.

Rascal and Sandman - beat you both. Suck it.

Edit: :smiley:

I meant the other Hitchcock, of course. Raoul. If you’re not particularly smart or well-read, or if you’re generally just stupid, you probably wouldn’t immediately think of him. :wink:

If you’re talking about directors that have cameos in their own films then Richard Donner in Superman (Extended version) and Superman II (although that’s not his film, sort of)
There’s one film I have where most of the crew and director’s family have cameos, I wish I could remember which one

Ah, I see - carry on then, chutney cheeks!

[quote=“merge”]Rascal and Sandman - beat you both. Suck it.

Edit: :smiley:[/quote]
Nah, she wanted to know Cameos that are difficult to notice, so I mentioned a specific scene. Your statement is too general. :stuck_out_tongue:

:wink:

If I remember correctly, Into the Night had a bunch of directors playing a group of terrorists, and David Bowie in a Knife fight with Carl Perkins…

Can’t you just google this kind of stuff?

I already have background knowledge.

I simply think it would be fun to have discussion here. :slight_smile:

[quote=“kate.lin”][quote=“cfimages”]Coppola in Apocalypse Now.

Not a director, but John Densmore (drummer of the Doors) in Oliver Stone’s movie “the Doors”.[/quote]

Really!
What part of Apocalypse Now? I have seen it twice, but I didn’t notice it![/quote]

The bit with the documentary being made on the beach. Just before “Charlie don’t surf” I think.

Quentin Tarantino’s cameo in Pulp Fiction…I loved that movie so much that I wore out my VHS copy of it back in high school. That being said, his whole “Is there a sign that says dead nigger storage?” cameo bit was like fingernails to a blackboard for me.

Spike Lee made a couple of cameos in his own movies. I love the way his character in Do the Right Thing threw a garbage can through the Italian pizzeria and how that drove many white critics to assume that he was trying to incite racial riots. His cameo as a reporter in Summer of Sam was godawful, though.

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]
There’s one film I have where most of the crew and director’s family have cameos, I wish I could remember which one[/quote]
I also can’t remember that one. Not the Royal Tannenbaums is it?

Director Sydney Pollack often makes cameo appearances in his and others movies. Eyes Wide Shut is one that comes to mind.

[quote=“sandman”][quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”]
There’s one film I have where most of the crew and director’s family have cameos, I wish I could remember which one[/quote]
I also can’t remember that one. Not the Royal Tannenbaums is it?[/quote]

I like the Royal Tannenbaums, but I don’t think it is the one.

No one can comfirm which the mysterious film is?

The Cameo track “Funk Funk” from 1977 is on the soundtrack to the French film “La Haine”