Moving to Taiwan with my 5 and 8 year old

Hi @ariel7120,

Would you mind sharing your experience and some of the updates from Xinsheng as i am planning to put my son in there in 2018. I really appreciate any kind of informations.
Many thanks in advance!

Xinsheng:

If you intend to put your son in their CSL program, he does not need to enroll to Xinsheng.

First, you need put him in any public school. Then, ask to the school to send him to Xinsheng’s special program. He can spend 2 years there, if he would pass a test to check how his mandarin skill is poor. After 2 years, he should go back to his original school.

Xinsheng will be full. But, you may put your son in their CSL program via any public school he would enroll in, as above.

Maybe, Longan & Guting will have a space, and they may have some experience with foreign families.

Is that mean some of the foreign kid must go to CSL program before they can enter the regular government school? If that so, our kid might be 2 years behind then the rest of the student?

No. Just if foreign students want, and pass the test to get in the program.

Also, no.

Students in the CSL program belong to regular class rooms at Xinsheng. They take more than half of classes with their classmates, and take one or two CSL classes per day, depending on their Mandarin skills. Mostly, it is during their Mandarin classes. Better students take less CSL classes.

After 2 years (at most), they must return to their original classes (grades) of their original schools. I mean, if your son enroll to a public school at 3rd grade and gets in the program at Xinsheng, he will return to a 5th grade class at his original school after 2 years.

FYI
I think Shidong and Tianmu elementary schools also have similar programs, and they are used to foreign students.
Nangang has a biringual class, but parents need to work at specific companies.

These info are just what I’ve known from documents at school websites, and I have no first hand experiment. Hope you get replies from someone with more direct info.