Mr. Sausage's Kitchen

Jimi.
Roo meat is simply delicious and extremely low in fat… As to the vege sausage issue… Don’t think I haven’t looked into it. The bad news is synthetic corn starch based plastic skins aren’t cheap ,require a machine that fills up most of the room and costs about $250000nt to buy :grandpa:
I’ll stick with vege sausage rolls for now.

This is basically down the street from me, I will be going by for dinner very soon.

Good luck on your endeavor. I’ll be sure to come by and give it a try.
:discodance:

[quote=“the chief”] WTF? Isn’t it called Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen?
You better watch that, Abe Frohman has an army of attorneys who’ll be on your butt so fast it’ll make your head swim…[/quote]Yes. Abe called me and mentioned that his attorneys would be sending a cease and desist letter within the next few days! :no-no:

I went by Mr. Sausage’s Kitchen last night, the food was great! Mr. and Mrs. Sausage (mark and Elsa) are warm and friendly. The place is not hard to find, in the alley right behind TTV. Mr. Sausage is also taking request, so if there is something you want to try, you can always ask. I ordered the sausage platter, which is 2 links of sausage, salsa/salad, bread, mush potatoes & gravy. The meal is decent size for a good price. I was offered seconds, which I declined because I was way too full. Below is a photo on what you would get.

Mr. Sausage had a good weekend and thanks to all who came over. Since I can get granny smith apples again [at a resonable size and price] I promise to make apple pie this week… I’m think to serve it with vanilla icecream .Pumpkin pie and sweet potato pie to follow. Also I want to try and get a basic lunch menu together, what are your thoughts on pocket breads with sausage and salsa, or falafel? …Keep me informed folks, I value your input [I’m new at this remember].

How about making good quality American-style frankfurters or weiners? A shitty hot dog is an insult to the word “sausage”, but a properly made beef + pork + pork fat wiener, spiced well and boiled, plopped in a toasted bun with pickles, onions, tomatoes, mustard and relish, and ketchup for some, is really good. You’d get the yanks in there. They may be obese, militaristic and unable to form the present perfect, but their money is good! :wink: Dogs would go well with potato salad and cole slaw, both easy to make and tasty if done well… Just a thought!

How do you think about the locally produced “Black Bridge” (I think that’s the brand name) “Wiener Würstchen”? I see them at for example Carrefour and other supermarkets, packed in green or black (depends on classic or black pepper flavour) plastic packages with a German flag stripe running around at top and bottom. Comparing to Wieners in Germany, these are (for me) surprisingly yummy :slight_smile:

I haven’t tried those Olm, but thanks for the heads-up. I’ll give them a go.

I have tried black bridge [note the use of the present perfect] before and thought they were pretty good. My wife has forbad [forbidden?]me making coleslaw as she thought it was not a good color contrast with the bangers and mash…She has a point, but I will draw the line if she starts to make me arrange the food by fung shwei.

Well, if you decide to do hot dogs let me know. I don’t really trust Taiwanese mystery meat, but I’m sure your sausages are made properly.

We do a dog now, in a bun with sauerkraut and salsa on the side. I’m trying to weedle the wifie into letting me have a hot pot on the side so I can smother the bastard in a good chilli sauce, I’ve got a nice recipe I can’t wait to try :
-1 1\2 pounds beef
-1\2 pound ground pork
-3oz tomato paste
-2 large tomatos
1 large bell pepper
-1, large onion
-1\2 carrot
-1 bulb of garlic
-2 tbsp cumin
-1 tabsp chilli powder
-salt and pepper
-2-3 cups water
1tsp cinnamon
2\3 cup pinto or kidney beans

• 2 green chillis .

And yes I make all the sausages myself , no mystery included.

You can also make egg or potato salad, those can sit out and doesn’t have to be hot. The ingredients are basically the same too.

Pumpkin pie, apple pie etc!! I miss those a lot, I would make my own if there is a oven here. But the small oven isn’t big enough for me, and I can’t afford to get a big oven.

“…egg or potato salad, those can sit out…”

Holy s–t! Good reminder never to listen to Taiwanese when it comes to food prep/safety

Got a fridge for that, but the wifie [food arranger] likes the color contrast of salsa or caesar salad with the food.Still got some apple pie I’m trying to taste test, at the moment I only have a German and a Taiwanese’ opinion on this. They thought " good thing it isn’t as sickly sweet as the costco one used to be"…They have a point, that one used to send me into sugar fits.

but the apple pie is a no-starter if you can’t consistently get granny smith apples. Fujis and red or yellow delicious just don’t have the tartness, nor the body for baking.

I hear that apples and onions taste the same if you plug your nose.

Bloody HELL! I’m feeling a Gordon Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares moment coming on. :laughing:

Went in tonight just after 6pm for a takeout vegetarian roll. Very impressed - just like the ones I used to eat in Australia.

I’ll definitely be back. :notworthy:

We have Granny smith apples again, The apple pie was enjoyed by all who tried it, will be on sale next week as pie of the week, one thing though: the brits who tried it want it with custard, the yanks want it with ice cream…Thoughts on this anyone? :ponder: :lick:

frozen custard?