Mr. Sausage's Kitchen

It is with pride and trepidation that I announce that my wife and I have finally opened our bar\Restaurant. As the name would suggest I am a sausage maker and they get pride of place on our menu with 8 different types on offer, including: Chorizo, Lincolnshire and Bratwurst. We also have sausage rolls, vegetarian food, dips and tandoori chicken wings.
Our bar has a good range of mixed drinks and some beers you probably haven’t tried before. Saigon beer, Anchor steam and King Ludwig to name a few.
At the moment our opening hours are 6pm to 11pm Wed-Sat and we are located centrally near the corner of Bade Rd and Dunhua Rd: Bade Road Section 3, Lane 12, Alley 4, No.5-1. Behind the TTV studio. We look forward to seeing you there… Mark and Elsa.
Phone 0912-594-697

good luck Mark!

And i hope you’re taking [url=http://tw.forumosa.com/t/so-you-want-to-open-a-restaurant-in-taiwan/54104/1 advice[/url] to heart…

How do you serve them? Got weisswurst? With veal? Got bretzels? Sweet mustard? Blood sausage? I could basically eat nothing but wurst, bretzels and sweet mustard and I’d be happy, as long they have beer to drink.
Best of luck to you.

You got a brick oven?

Good luck Mark!

I can’t wait to get my hands on your sausage! Wait…

I’ve just finished re-reading maoman’s other thread, terrifying and inspiring at the same time.
Bones- our ovens are big shiney gas and electrical buggers, I think the brick ones are better for show, At the moment i’m using a food heating cabinet at the counter, It doesn’t seem to be drying out the food and makes the sausage skins nice and crunchy.
Sandman- You get me a recipe for Weisswurst and i’ll try it. Regretably blood IS impossible to get here for blood sausages…and do you mean “Pretzel”.

What are your hours of operation?

Looks like a real sausage fest.

Actually I’m just pissed no one opened a restuarant like yours when I lived there.

Now I make do with a surley German dude in SG Chinatown.

6pm to 11pm Wed-Sat at the moment, just me and the missus running it…believe me i’m seeing a lot more of my wife now than I ever used to. [not a bad thing actually].

Come back to Taiwan sometime Elegua and i’ll get all the other sausage maker’s on the Island together for a “sausage party” [man that would make one weirdly wonderful Tshirt]

[quote=“mr. sausage”]I’ve just finished re-reading maoman’s other thread, terrifying and inspiring at the same time.
Bones- our ovens are big shiney gas and electrical buggers, I think the brick ones are better for show, At the moment i’m using a food heating cabinet at the counter, It doesn’t seem to be drying out the food and makes the sausage skins nice and crunchy.
Sandman- You get me a recipe for Weisswurst and i’ll try it. Regretably blood IS impossible to get here for blood sausages…and do you mean “Pretzel”.[/quote]
Recipe for the weisswurst from the Munich abbatoir coming right up (in a day or two). That is the weisswurst by which all other weisswurst is measured, by the way.
There’s a German High speed railway engineer who has a nice line in homemade blood sausage that he delivers islandwide, by the way, so it definitely IS possible. I’ve enjoyed it several times. He’s in Taichung. And bretzel, not pretzel. Like this:

Do you do chicken sausages? What’s your veggie menu like? Just sausages or Freedom Fries, mash, etc?

I hope you serve Ukrainian beer.

You tit.

How come blood is not available? Where do all the hot pot places get blood for their port and duck blood…gloppy things. (don’t get me wrong, great in a mala hot pot)

One other lesson is probably don’t listen to all the foreigners and order/make menu items at great effort and expense that they will rarely come to eat and locals don’t appreciate.

[quote=“the chief”]

You tit.[/quote]
You wiener and eggs.

[quote=“Elegua”]How come blood is not available? Where do all the hot pot places get blood for their port and duck blood…gloppy things. (don’t get me wrong, great in a mala hot pot)

One other lesson is probably don’t listen to all the foreigners and order/make menu items at great effort and expense that they will rarely come to eat and locals don’t appreciate.[/quote]

Yeah, like tits who want chicken sausage and veggie options.
At a sausage restaurant… :unamused:

[quote=“the chief”][quote=“Elegua”]How come blood is not available? Where do all the hot pot places get blood for their port and duck blood…gloppy things. (don’t get me wrong, great in a mala hot pot)

One other lesson is probably don’t listen to all the foreigners and order/make menu items at great effort and expense that they will rarely come to eat and locals don’t appreciate.[/quote]

Yeah, like tits who want chicken sausage and veggie options.
At a sausage restaurant… :unamused:[/quote]

You’re the first vegetarian I’ve seen eat blood sausage.

I want a sausage that contains only chickpeas and dried dates. It must be enclosed in orangoutan intestine.

Geez you leave your screen for an hour or two to make some stuff and look what happens, everyone arguing over tits and vego sausage…
Ahem Anyway to answer all your enquires…Blood is impossible if not illegal [apparently] to buy at the markets, it all gets syphoned off at the markets and sold to the places that make jew sher gao. I’m sure if money changed hands I could get some under the counter, or if I knew some one up in the hills who slaughtered their own pigs. Until such a time i’m going to have to go with the Generalissmo’s suggestion and keep that one for private orders, Sandman the same with your oranga-figgy-pea sausage. you want a private order I’ll do my best to source it [You are probably going to have to make do with Maquace intestines though].
Bones, I’m sure the Ukrainians make excellent beer, but they don’t seem to export any. If you have a line on any I want to have a taste testing night.
I actually make some vego food jimi: spinach and feta sausage rolls as well as platters with baba ganouj\Tzatziki home made bread and vege sticks. I like vege food and all suggestions are welcome. I’ve made chicken and green apple sausage before and it wasn’t too bad [I’ve made haggis too and put the spare in sausage skins and it was bloody brilliant…